Hi, I am looking to buy a new satellite receiver. It's been a long time since I bought my old VU+ Duo...it's been great...but surely there must be something faster / better out there by now? Or should I just keep updating the image? (trying opendroid at the moment and seems nice) I need at least 2 sat tuners, softcam etc...and maybe better internet features such as iptv or the chance to add downloaded apps.
What have you got and what do you guys recommend?
:-)

For just a sat box, the Mutant HD51 is the fastest receiver I've got, and I've got a few ;)
Supports internal hdd and runs Kodi. Don't know about IPTV but I would think it will be as good, if not better than most.

Thanks Willo....looks like a good bet...though its been out a while now.....is there anything more cutting edge...anything better than E2 images....android maybe? Don't want to spend money and be out of date again very soon :-)

I only really mess about with E2.
There's a few Android boxes with DVB-S tuners these days.
This might be what you need
Formuler S Turbo UHD 4K Android 7 Satellite Media Streamer IPTV Receiver

I honestly don't know mate. Not got one but even if it's FreeSat only it's a nice addition to an IPTV sub.

sure looks a nice box.....the thing is I can run openatv 6.1 on my vu+duo....can be a bit slow at times but it works ok.....so I may as well keep that unless there is something much better ...which can run cams for EU servers. I will look into it!

Back