Best box for IPTV recording

Paul5939

as above....whts the bets box for recording. I have a zgemma and it is hit and miss. Android is great for stremaing but cant record as it wont recognsie the HDD. Doe snayon on here recommend an IPTV I can record on....or is there a relaible satellite box that allows the iptv as a plug in and can record without flaling on its backside ala zgemma?

as above....whts the bets box for recording. I have a zgemma and it is hit and miss. Android is great for stremaing but cant record as it wont recognsie the HDD. Doe snayon on here recommend an IPTV I can record on....or is there a relaible satellite box that allows the iptv as a plug in and can record without flaling on its backside ala zgemma?
What zgemma do you use

I have a Zgemma H2s which i use with 2 c-Lines for the remaining Sat channels, which works fine. However would like to use full IPTV as well, and think a better box is on the cards.
Any recommendations other than a Mag Box ? price not an issue.

H2s boxes are pretty good have used quite a few for friends and family and no had no issues tbh. I mainly use Vu boxes myself as they always seem to work well with sat and Iptv and they are great quality. I mainly use Xtream Editor now for Iptv as it works well and has 7 day catchup on every channel so I don't bother recording anything now,I just use catchup. I have tried many different setups for Iptv but I like Xtream Editor and it seems to run well on most boxes.

Thanks formandvoid for your input, it is really appreciated. From what you describe, you have the perfect setup for me!
Do you use Vu's own software or something else? Also is there a guide anywhere that you know of, so i can setup a system similar to yours?

Thanks formandvoid for your input, it is really appreciated. From what you describe, you have the perfect setup for me!
Do you use Vu's own software or something else? Also is there a guide anywhere that you know of, so i can setup a system similar to yours?
I use Open Atv 6.2 but if you want an image that has everything installed try wooshbuild Infinity as that is basically Open Atv with everything installed. Something like a VU solo 2 is a pretty good box for the money and good for sat and Iptv. I use a Duo2 from the sat days and also an Ultimo and very happy with them but it's a personal choice and some of the newer Zgemmas like H7s and H9s are very good for the money. I find Xtream Editor good and easy to set up for Iptv so find a provider that supports Xtream Editor and it's fairly easy but you can always ask on here if you need any help.

My understanding is recording IPTV on Enigma2 receiver is hit and miss for everyone. There are a lot of variables that can cause an IPTV recording to fail (server, broadband ... etc)
I use OpenATV 6.2 with the stream type set to IPTV (4097) and it works most of the time. Catch Up is also excellent with my provider

You need to add recording through your iptv supplier
I can't find anything worth recording anymore if I miss it it will be repeated later on or watch it on Dave next year

Back