Best Box for my needs?

aqmohra

Hi,

Currently have a skybox f3 which is playing up (remote only seems to work when close to the box, changed remote, changed batteries, same issue. Box regurlarly reboots when going to 095 loading) so im after a new box. Im just wondering what would the best box for me would be? I only really know about Skybox f3s and Skybox F5s.

I want to be able to time record (sports highlights mainly when im not home or when mrs is watching another channel at the time). I dont want to have to be updating channel list manually every other day like im having to currently do. Not too bothered about other internet features like Youtube and other apps although some kind of upnp feature might be a plus but not important.

I dont really want to be spending too much on it. maybe around £100 max.

Please give reccomendations

Thanks

As Above Xpeed LX2, good box for that money, everybody will recommend the zgemma but it up to you, as you already know there can be issues with the longevity of cheap Chinese products, luck of the draw, also not easy to send back to China, too much hassle to save £30 for me, I use VuSolo2, quality box

Do you have 2 sat feeds? You will also require a USB HDD, mains powered ones seem to work faster as not being powered by the box

Buy it flashed already from WOS, I use VIX openvix and find it best supported, think of it like windows, settings and procedures that apply to other brands applies here too, windows is same on all PC brands if that makes sense, think of how to set up VIX not the LX2 if that makes sense??? You will need some sort of storage and a line and get setting up, all the support is on Techkings and you will get plenty of free friendly support here too.

Cheers for the reccommendation. I also had a quick look at the VUsolo" and its a tad expensive for me lol

I have one lead that comes from the sky dish but it has 2 connectors for the box. Currently I have one in the original skybox and 1 in the Skybox f3.

I use a 32 GB usb memory stick I got for £5 of the bay and it works fine on the F3

Yes, your ok for feeds then, 32GB wont record much, especially HD, it will be set up like your genuine sly box, EPG, series link, timeshift, etc so a larger HDD is recommended

Buy it flashed already from WOS, I use VIX openvix and find it best supported, think of it like windows, settings and procedures that apply to other brands applies here too, windows is same on all PC brands if that makes sense, think of how to set up VIX not the LX2 if that makes sense??? You will need some sort of storage and a line and get setting up, all the support is on Techkings and you will get plenty of free friendly support here too.

Just over £100 from WOS with OpenVix selected as option so I think i'll order that. Currently have a Nline on my F3 so I presume I can just transfer that over and wipe the F3 and get rid of it?

Yes, you can do that if you want, or use it in another room? Remember your twin tuner box will be like 2 connections to your server, make sure your allowed multi-room or twin tuner, some servers only allow one, some up to 4.

Yes, your ok for feeds then, 32GB wont record much, especially HD, it will be set up like your genuine sly box, EPG, series link, timeshift, etc so a larger HDD is recommended

Theres a few 512 GB memory sticks on the bay for £10 so might be worth it? I dont keep my recordings once I have watched them. I might have to hook up my 1.5TB external hard drive to it otherwise.

Another question, When it comes to recording can I just select something from the EPG that will be on days later and set it to record and forget about it?

---------- Post Merged at 10:55 AM ----------

Yes, you can do that if you want, or use it in another room? Remember your twin tuner box will be like 2 connections to your server, make sure your allowed multi-room or twin tuner, some servers only allow one, some up to 4.

Cheers. I'll check that with my provider.

In terms of using the box in another room, Would I not need the sattelite cable going into that room also?

USB sticks on ebay can be fake memory sizes, so be careful, I bought a 128gb from ebay for 10 and its been fine, maybe lucky lol.

Your 1.5TB hdd would not be a bad idea.

It will have a 14 day EPG likes slys, go to the event you want to record, press the record button, a pop up will appear, select add timer for record once or select add auto timer to series link and forget

Yes, every box is best with its own sat feed

USB sticks on ebay can be fake memory sizes, so be careful, I bought a 128gb from ebay for 10 and its been fine, maybe lucky lol.

Your 1.5TB hdd would not be a bad idea.

It will have a 14 day EPG likes slys, go to the event you want to record, press the record button, a pop up will appear, select add timer for record once or select add auto timer to series link and forget

Yes, every box is best with its own sat feed

Cheers! now to read up on Xpeed LX2 and maybe watch a few Youtube vids too!

Good luck and research is the key, just remember its how to do things on OpenVIX not the LX2 lol
If you are stuck you will get very friendly assistance here on techkings

Good luck and research is the key, just remember its how to do things on OpenVIX not the LX2 lol
If you are stuck you will get very friendly assistance here on techkings

yes I understand that now! Its all about the Windows OS rather than the machine ( Dell, acer etc) its on!

Not a huge amount of stuff on youtube though like there is on F3s, F5s, V8s etc

Back