Best box for VM

Hello all.

I'm just after a bit of advise regarding the best box for VM channels.

I have been using the DM 800HD for Sly lines for past 6 years but now that mist channels are dead i think its time to switch over.

Ideally I'd like to spend less than £150 and I'd like it to have a cable and satellite input (dual) just in case the Sly lines are sorted out.

Also i am planning to get 2 boxes for multi room is it just a case of using a splitter on the main cable line?

Thanks [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You can get a zgemma H5.2TC from our site sponsor zgemma.co.uk for £107.99p + P&P ... I got one last week and it's great. It has a twin hybrid dvb-c tuner so you can record 1 cable channel whilst watching another and it also still has a single satellite feed if you ever wanted to use that in the future as they're pretty much useless now apart from fta stuff (or will be in the next few weeks) unless you have motorised satellite.

defo above like what ste says you cant go wrong with zgemma h5.2tc good budget sat box and plenty back up for zgemma

Is the zgemma H5.2TC not sold from WOS. Have searched on their website but not found one.
Would'nt mind one of these myself.
My miraclebox is good but cant watch & record 2 different channels.

Thanks Ste
This may be a dumb question but if i get a box with a twin hybrid tuner do i need to split the coax V.M. cable or does it use one coax signal.

Do you need VM broadband or just an active cable line, how do I find out if my line is still active as I cut this into the house a couple of years ago?

Thanks for reply the mother in law has a virgin box shall get the cable run in the house again and try her virgin box

Hi guys I have downloaded the wooshbuild but can't get any of the premium channels, new to this I have a stemma h2 box can anyone help please

Does the zgemma h5.2tc come installed with wooshbuild. Ive noticed ste seems to recommend that . Ive only used openvix before. Which one would be recommended and which is the easiest to set up.
Cheers.

Hi
The h5.2tc comes as standard with OpenATV installed, wooshbuild is a backup image that needs to be flashed. if you look at the site in my signature there is an option for the box to be setup for you and this is a version of wooshbuild with a couple of slight changes.

You could reflash with openvix but remember Openvix does not support the Zgemma boxes

Last edited:
The firmware you put on is entirely up to you but I do prefer wooshbuild due to how simple it is to install and configure - you can download it via wooshmans site and you'll find the link on here :)

Back