Best box

pod1978

Hi ....seen lots of boxes on the market . I understand the vu box are good . But witch one ? Want to record 1 or more channels and watch another . Record Series link if possible. 7 day epg . And to set up a program to record at sill time in the morning or when I'm not home . But also hurdle that the zgemma h2s does this . Now is this like looking at a Ferrari to a Toyota or both good as each other just the price is different.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi ....seen lots of boxes on the market . I understand the vu box are good . But witch one ? Want to record 1 or more channels and watch another . Record Series link if possible. 7 day epg . And to set up a program to record at sill time in the morning or when I'm not home . But also hurdle that the zgemma h2s does this . Now is this like looking at a Ferrari to a Toyota or both good as each other just the price is different.

hi mate in my eyes Ives tried different boxes and the vu + duo two is by far the best just get your lines and you have a recordable box with sky plus features ie rewind live TV just the same as sky plus and install KO'd direct and you have all the latest box office films as well bit pricey but well worth the money

hi mate in my eyes Ives tried different boxes and the vu + duo two is by far the best just get your lines and you have a recordable box with sky plus features ie rewind live TV just the same as sky plus and install KO'd direct and you have all the latest box office films as well bit pricey but well worth the money
I thought so .....the price is abit much at the moment but will see what I can do . Thanks for the info mate

Im thinking of getting one of these too..where should i buy from and will my nline work with it? Are they easy to set up?
Cheers for any advice

Im thinking of getting one of these too..where should i buy from and will my nline work with it? Are they easy to set up?
Cheers for any advice
I have no idea mate .....but seen the vu duo price from 200-500 pound depending on the hard drive is think . Unless you get a second hand one with is more less about 150 -250 . A lot of money for a box but have seen good reviews about the zgemma h2s. With is about 90 pound . Both of these I have seen on eBay. But been sure to get original. Lots of clones . No idea about the set up . Am new to these boxes. I have the open box v8 which is OK but need to record and watch other channels ...epg and and a few other things . Sorry I can't be more help . Still looking on YouTube and Google for more info .

Bit late to reply to your post POD1978 - I have both the VU+Duo2 and a Zgemma Star 2S - The Vu+ is about 3x the price of the Zgemma and has room for a HD in the box - More like a SKY+ box to look at. The Duo2 has Blackhole 2.1.7.1 - the SKIN is rubbish and I am informed that the alternatives often hang! - will try to load Blackhole 3.01 soon to see if that can improve matters - The EPG is *rap - works but is nothing like SKY's. Wivelden modified OPENATV 5.1 image with Whoosh and Kiddac's skin and so the Zgemma is now by far the closest to the SKY box the SKIN with the EPG is close if not better than SKY.(Well OK maybe NOT better!!!) Either way if one puts a passport style external drive on the ZGEMMA the box is very good and a better SKIN/EPG. (I would love KIDDAC to have a go with the DUO2!!! - PLEASE!!!! Wivelden too!!!)

Bit late to reply to your post POD1978 - I have both the VU+Duo2 and a Zgemma Star 2S - The Vu+ is about 3x the price of the Zgemma and has room for a HD in the box - More like a SKY+ box to look at. The Duo2 has Blackhole 2.1.7.1 - the SKIN is rubbish and I am informed that the alternatives often hang! - will try to load Blackhole 3.01 soon to see if that can improve matters - The EPG is *rap - works but is nothing like SKY's. Wivelden modified OPENATV 5.1 image with Whoosh and Kiddac's skin and so the Zgemma is now by far the closest to the SKY box the SKIN with the EPG is close if not better than SKY.(Well OK maybe NOT better!!!) Either way if one puts a passport style external drive on the ZGEMMA the box is very good and a better SKIN/EPG. (I would love KIDDAC to have a go with the DUO2!!! - PLEASE!!!! Wivelden too!!!)
Thanks for the reply. ...will definitely choose the zgemma but now I'm also looking into a droid t8 box . My wife is Serbian so can put her own channels on it . Me ...I just want moves . Unless it's possible to do something to the zgemma. ...... she's on holiday at the moment. When she comes back will talk with her . Cheers mate

pod1978 - Thanks for the reply. ...will definitely choose the zgemma but now I'm also looking into a droid t8 box . My wife is Serbian so can put her own channels on it . Me ...I just want moves . Unless it's possible to do something to the zgemma. ...... she's on holiday at the moment. When she comes back will talk with her . Cheers mate

Hi pod - just a quick thought on Zgemma - one of the options is to download the plugins for: IPTV player AND IPTV uploader (I think that's what it's called) the latter gives IPTV player loads of add on options for eastern European progs. IPTV is the dog's G****'s for movies anyway! all can be recorded to your hdd/usb. - For your purposes might well be the extra sauce for your requirements.

Best wishes

pod1978 - Thanks for the reply. ...will definitely choose the zgemma but now I'm also looking into a droid t8 box . My wife is Serbian so can put her own channels on it . Me ...I just want moves . Unless it's possible to do something to the zgemma. ...... she's on holiday at the moment. When she comes back will talk with her . Cheers mate

Hi pod - just a quick thought on Zgemma - one of the options is to download the plugins for: IPTV player AND IPTV uploader (I think that's what it's called) the latter gives IPTV player loads of add on options for eastern European progs. IPTV is the dog's G****'s for movies anyway! all can be recorded to your hdd/usb. - For your purposes might well be the extra sauce for your requirements.

Best wishes
Thanks a lot mate. .... will look into it

the only issue with vu boxes is they can run on latest images ,dont think zgemma are in using patched images with old openvix so you wont be current with the latest.funny how old fuddy duddies like ourselves know good boxes.

Back