Best build

sbc1

I've got the xtrend 8500 with 2 cable tuners, I'm currently using leslies build on it but I've lost my plugins and that so it looks like I'll have to reflash but can anyone recommend a better build to use for my box with plugins ect

The best way is to get the latest version of vix from Openvix and follow the wizard and set it up yourself, anybody can make a build but the problem in using other people's images is that if anything goes wrong you don't know what to do to put it right. Also plugins are without doubt the number one cause of problems wether you're using vix, atv, pli or vti use as few as possible.

Cheers gibbletts, I just wanted dreambox explorer, I've got the latest openvix if I factory reset so might have to do that, what skin do you recommend

I use bello, but I don't want my box to be a second rate sky knock off. There are quite a few available but ultimately they all do the same thing, best way is to try them out, if you don't like them just delete. I guarantee by doing it yourself you'll eventually know how to fix most problems yourself.

never ever used a skin before so i had to find one and choose the confluence one from plugins,funny how i can read better whats on the screen

Back