Best cable box

vsh

Hi peeps,
I am after new cable box which can record 1 channel and I can watch another(twin tuner?). Do not want to go sat way due to lack of HD channels.
Any suggestions on good and stable box please.

It's all down to how much you wish to spend you could go for a Vu+ Solo SE V2 with a twin tuner from £160 plus you'll need a storage device to record too, GiGaBlue HD Ultra UE with twin tuner from £190 again you'll need a storage device to record to. Xtrend ET10000, Miraclebox Premium Twin and Vu+ Duo 2 are just a selection of boxes that can do exactly as you've asked.
No doubt others will chip in with more to add.

Thanks Jazzie. I dont mind spending upto £400 for good box. however I am after box which have good support too if i get stuck.
Can you help me narrow choice down to few please.

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-C/T2 Linux £210

from WOS, Flashed with Openvix, Internal HDD £40 - 60

Cable line approx. £80 per year.

Possible Homeplugs splitter kit etc. if required approx. £40

Would be a nice set up,

I have the triple (2 x cable plus 1 x sat)

Very pleased with it, you can't go wrong with officially supported boxes by Vix

So as mentioned above VU, Gigablue, Xtrend will also be options to consider

Oh you will need two of these

ariel.jpg

i have the Vu+ Duo 2 which is a very good box, flashed with Vix and and internal drive. well supported and if you're having difficulty plenty of help is on hand here but more than likely you'll find the answer without having to ask.

Thank you all.
I have narrowed it down to 2 now (i think)
Vu+duo 2 and Xtrend ET10000
I think both are good and very similar ( correct me if i am wrong)
I want to have all cable tuners so record 3 and watch 4rth or record all 4
but i have read somewhere that xtrend have issues with all 4 cable tuners

so do you guys think VU+ duo 2 is the way to go?
can i record 3 and watch 4rth on that one?

yeah get a Vu+ Duo 2 with two twin tuners, I am running three at the moment. I also use it as my media player and using the Vu+ app you can stream to an apple or android device and control the box or watch recordings too.
You won't regret it as a few members on here have the box.

You would be best checking with WOS as I can't see
that with a 4 x cable spec.

Also most "multiroom" servers will allow a twin tuner or 2 singles to run on one line.

So you will probably have to pay for 2 lines.

If you need to record up to 4 channels in HD you will a big HDD too lol

with xtrend yes i think they have issue
vu+ they have confi if i select box with 1 x twin cable tuner and add same as additional?
r u guys talink abt xtreme or vu+?

Your trying to spec a box with 4 x cable tuners

People usually go with some type of combo.

Doesn't matter what make it is.

I would see what WOS recommend.

The mutant 2400 I believe works with 4 cable tuners but think its getting replaced with new model. I think the xtrend 10000 should and does for some but just not everyone!

Last edited:
Hi guys currently got a zgemma h2h but looking at getting another box to run on cable where is the best place to buy a vu duo 2 from and has anyone got a link on how to set it up cheers :)

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-C/T2 Linux £210

from WOS, Flashed with Openvix, Internal HDD £40 - 60

Cable line approx. £80 per year.

Possible Homeplugs splitter kit etc. if required approx. £40

Would be a nice set up,

I have the triple (2 x cable plus 1 x sat)

Very pleased with it, you can't go wrong with officially supported boxes by Vix

Hi there,
I'm new to this sort of stuff and its great to have forums like this to get advise and info.
Bees, I see you post alot so a box recomendation is worth looking at :-)
Im currently on Tivo and erm, cough, cough looking for another box.
How does the Miraclebox Premium compare to the tivo, ie picture and sound quality ? I take it now a days the HD pic quality will be the same but does the Miraclebox Premium output AC3 Dolby sound ?
You mention getting the Openvix flashed version, whats the differnce ?
I found another link about a line so don't think I need to ask about that, suppose all lines are the same or are some more reliable than others ?? Are cable and Sat lines seperate ??
Last question, I saw a mates Sat box that had the ability to add IPTV boutique, think thats what there called?, would the miraclebox have this facility ?
Sorry for so many questions.
Thanks in advance :-)

Back