Best FTA Satellite Box EPG

Cruxy

I'm looking to replace my Skybox F5s, which died. I only really need a box for FTA channels and it needs to be as user friendly as possible, so my family can use it without my help. I had AJ's channel list on the F5s and everyone was happy.

I initially tried a V9S, only to find that the EPG and channel list is not very user friendly.

Can anyone recommend a decent box (approx £100) with a good EPG? A 7 day list would be a bonus.

If you have a Budget of £100 then move forward into 2018 and get a box that can handle IPTV and SAT
Formuler® S Mini 4K Hybrid IPTV OTT Android & Satellite Receiver
Or
Formuler F1 Twin Satellite DVB-S2 Tuner Enigma2

If you have a Budget of £100 then move forward into 2018 and get a box that can handle IPTV and SAT
Formuler® S Mini 4K Hybrid IPTV OTT Android & Satellite Receiver
Or
Formuler F1 Twin Satellite DVB-S2 Tuner Enigma2

I heading in the IPTV direction, but would like an easy satellite EPG to keep my wife happy. She gets confused/annoyed when there are too many options.
I'd like to find something as close to the F5S EPG as possible but with more than just now/next.

If all you want is Freesat then get a Freesat box, I had a Humax foxsat HD once, 7 day EPG, and auto updates, all you do is enter you're post code on setup, the model I had is not available anymore, but there are plenty of second hand one's on ebay, even a few new here & here.

Why not just get a used sly box of flea bay that will give you all free to air channels and a working epg £25 should do it

Thanks for the replies. A decent satellite EPG is the minimum requirement. So although a Freesat or sly box would work, I'd probably have to change again in a few months.
I'll probably go for something like a Formuler s mini, as I'd like to use IPTV at some stage and could do with reducing the number of boxes under my TV.

The Formuler F1 Twin Satellite DVB-S2 Tuner Enigma2 will give you freesat with full EPG and also IPTV player which covers boxsets and films and more more than capable at running IPTV which in turn gives you even more channels.

Ability to record and watch and with timeshift too. A second hand sky hd box won't give you that.

The Formuler F1 Twin Satellite DVB-S2 Tuner Enigma2 will give you freesat with full EPG and also IPTV player which covers boxsets and films and more more than capable at running IPTV which in turn gives you even more channels.

Ability to record and watch and with timeshift too. A second hand sky hd box won't give you that.
How does the F1 compare to the S mini?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

will this get you the saorview channels(freeview channels in eire) also as well as th uk freeview channels?

will this get you the saorview channels(freeview channels in eire) also as well as th uk freeview channels?
Yes I have the Formuler F1 and I have Freeview (UK) and saorview both on it. You need a terrestrial tuner to view saorview, so make sure you get this option if buying the f1.

I am guessing if it is terrestrial it will depend on which transmitter your TV aerial is facing. I could be wrong, it has been known.

Yes I have the Formuler F1 and I have Freeview (UK) and saorview both on it. You need a terrestrial tuner to view saorview, so make sure you get this option if buying the f1.
ok thats brilliant, i want to get it foe my parents so they can watch both the fta irish and uk channels. can u load iptv on it easily?

can u load iptv on it easily?
It will run IPTV without any problem yes - how easy it is to add it depends on the IPTV provider you go with. All of them should give full instructions on how to do it though and you should always get tests before committing.

Although slightly more expensive, getting 1 month first to see how it goes is worth it as if it is poor you haven't lost a great deal and you find someone else.
Also don't forget you will have access to IPTV Player too as a plugin.

It will run IPTV without any problem yes - how easy it is to add it depends on the IPTV provider you go with. All of them should give full instructions on how to do it though and you should always get tests before committing.

Although slightly more expensive, getting 1 month first to see how it goes is worth it as if it is poor you haven't lost a great deal and you find someone else.
Also don't forget you will have access to IPTV Player too as a plugin.
at the moment i have the iptv on my zgemma h2s box via xtream and also have it on my smart tv on smart iptv so hopefully i can get it on one of these on this box?

Back