Best HD single tuner non-PVR box?

currybum

Hi There,
I've seen some of the really expensive Enigma2 based machines on the market which have all sorts of fantastic features - dual tuners, multi-day EPG, PVR functionality etc

Most of these features don't really interest me so much; my only concern is decent quality HD reception and a box that can do auto bouquet so it doesn't require regular work to keep the channel lists working.

Would the Bade Media BM5000S be the right choice in this case? Not much ongoing tweaking required, but just a decent single tuner HD receiver - are there any other boxes which would do the same?

Thanks!

new octagon sf8 hd replacing the older xp1000 £129. what you need to know is blade is closed source box=only blade can do updates etc,where as open source boxes like e2 anybody can do images for boxes as in much wider support.
vix do autobouquet and epg both of which you want and a usb stick for storing epg .

Hm, how to tell between these options? Or are all of the suggestions good ones? What harm could come from the closed source blade media ones? Could I find myself in a position where I need an upgrade and am stuck waiting for the manufacturer to release one?

Thanks for all your help so far!

closed source basicly means if people stop buying the blade box. they may stop wrighting updates for it. as the maunfacturer wrights the software.. where as open source there are a nummber of teams wrighting images for the sat box the two most popular are blackhole and the vix image.

Back