Best Image for ZGemma H1

Abcdeepen

hi guys

I am currently still running a very old vix on my z Gemma h1 - the box is now giving me auto tuner lock every time I try to scan on autoboquetmaker.

Can someone please recommend an easy to install image for me to be able to use on this box for Virgin Uk tv?

I am a complete beginner for all this stuff.

when did you flash the box last? if it's been a while then the autobouquets maker may be out of date.

grog 68 .as the best image for the h1 box..iav tried all. is seems to work the best on the h1 .easy setup
thanks gorog 68 m8

I have downloaded open atv and am trying to install it on my box using usb but it doesn’t update at all just goes in to boot and then loads up on vix again - any ideas what I am doing wrong guys?

Make sure the usb is formatted with FAT32 before you start
unzip the flash files
put the Zgemma folder onto the usb and put the usb in the rear port of the box (while it's switched off)
switch box on with white button
when it starts, press the power button on the front and it will say FLASH
let it do it's thing

I have done that and put the unzipped z Gemma folder on to the usb - I put the usb in the back of the box while it was off - turned it on and held the power button but it just keeps going in to boot

you need to try a different usb stick, these boxes are fussy with usb's, often you may need to try 2 or 3 before one works

Or you can try the wooshbuild infinty set up as you install via webif so usb not required at the start.

not sure the older versions of Vix have openwebif is what i mean, he's using an ancient Vix image

to the op @Abcdeepen go to plugins menu and click green, see if openwebif is in downloadable plugins, if it is, you don't need a usb, you can flash to oatv6.2 at the WB infinity installation page as @benijofar states above

Thought you needed to flash first then use infinity at the start up wizard or does infinity flash your box too?

Anyhow vix doesn't have terminal by default and if using an old image you might not be able to install it.

Tuner lock maybe a different error.

To reflash try couch flashing.

You need a storage device already initialized.

Send image zip file to media/hdd/imagebackups create the imagebackups folder if needed

On box Goto vix menu then image manager highlight the OpenATV zip file then choose flash.

Thought you needed to flash first then use infinity at the start up wizard or does infinity flash your box too?

I think you're right, I thought as much but Beni said he didn't need a usb so assumed it could have been done with the other openwebif shenanigans

No need for openwebif, using putty solves this problem as there is no terminal option....just add the ip, then root, then the install code and all will be good.

the box ip address goes in like this
if you use commas it won't work, if the box isn't connected to the network it also won't work
make sure you have put in the correct ip address of the box

Back