Best IPTV Sky experience?

dasnico

Hi all

I've been on the IPTV scene for a while now using a MAG250 box. I'm looking to upgrade my experience.

As a British expat living in the US I would like to replicate the Sky UI experience as best as possible. Through extensive Googling I eventually stumbled on this forum. I have dabbled a bit using Kodi and some skins created by MrKnowItAll which in turn led me to Slyk and this forum. There's a lot of information to take in.

I'm not sure which route I should invest in. In order to best achieve the "Sky" experience would it be best to get an Android box and re-skin the interface? or is there an alternative, better route? I've seen quite a few posts related to Sky HD skins on this board alone that have used other types of hardware to achieve the result. Since I'm in the US without a Sky satellite dish I am restricted to IPTV. I was able to procure a Sky remote when I was last home, so one of my eventual goals is to teach the hardware I eventually start using to respond to the IR commands from the Sky remote control.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Cheers!

To be able to get the Sly Gui, as in Sly LOOK. You will need an enigma2 Box to be able to get the Skin.
Mag / Android etc will not get you this, only an Enigma2 BOX..
Zgemma Box or Formuler® Tiviar Alpha+ Plus HD
I am not sure what you can source in the States via enigma2.. I have no idea..
That's your Starting point to get the Look you want etc...
Personally, i would simply upgrade to a Mag322 or a Formuler Z7+ and not bother to much about the Sky UI experience

quite right what @mbull has said but you can use pretty much any modern enigma 2 box if you want the sky look. If you cannot get a zgemma i am sure you will be able to get a vu box or something but i am sure world of sat ship worldwide.

Try and find a supplier who uses the xtream app, that way you will have a built in epg. The open atv image is in my opinion the best for iptv and is quite easy to setup. I have just swapped from enigma 2 to a mag 322/323 and it is fine after a few tweaks

I might be missing the point here but you appear to be starting at the end 'result' (wish really) and want to make that happen by whatever means possible - it's a waste of time starting with the wrong equipment just because it looks great but can't handle the streams.
forget Sky, Slyk and anything else relating to Sky UK, experiences or any other dross sold to you by Murdoch et al because it's not happening.

You want to watch Sky UK channels? - Sports, Kids, Movies and presumably Emmerdale Farm? - find a supplier first and foremost that can supply these channels that are stable and when you are happy with the channels and supplier, then, and only then do you build the Sky skins, interface and everything else around that. It's pointless having something that looks exactly the same as using a genuine Sky box in the UK if none of the channels work as they should

Thanks everyone for your input so far. Currently just seeing what my options are as this is something that I've been curious about for a while now.

I might be missing the point here but you appear to be starting at the end 'result' (wish really) and want to make that happen by whatever means possible - it's a waste of time starting with the wrong equipment just because it looks great but can't handle the streams.
forget Sky, Slyk and anything else relating to Sky UK, experiences or any other dross sold to you by Murdoch et al because it's not happening.

You want to watch Sky UK channels? - Sports, Kids, Movies and presumably Emmerdale Farm? - find a supplier first and foremost that can supply these channels that are stable and when you are happy with the channels and supplier, then, and only then do you build the Sky skins, interface and everything else around that. It's pointless having something that looks exactly the same as using a genuine Sky box in the UK if none of the channels work as they should

@pabloescaban - you're right - I've started with the end goal here. Typical of me. I guess I wanted to know if it simply is even a possibility. As I mentioned above, the whole concept together is something I've been very interested in sorting out for a while now, but not known where to start. Yes - I want to have the channels that I'm able to watch when I'm home. I'm no longer satisfied with the service I have been using (in fact, they appear to no longer be in business). Now I'm ready to make the jump and upgrade my experience.

To add to my first post, can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier that offers stable, high quality streams? Out of curiosity, do any services offer feeds that are delayed? (in my case, I'm 8 hours behind the UK).

I can tell you a US supplier that will work on most devices and you can watch uk channels on that. As for a delayed service i doubt that. however, you can buy two accounts and record programs. some services have catch up on them

if you ask in the request thread, you'll be inundated with replies all claiming to be the best iptv in the world
http://www.techkings.org/threads/an...lite-july-august-september-2018.141366/unread
The majority of which are not good, my advice is to take a test every day for 10 - 15 days, yes it's a pain in the arse but it's something you're gonna be using for months afterwards
When you find something acceptable, take short subs, a month or two at a time until you are happy - don't sign up for 6m or a year and NEVER pay money for a test or pay for a sub without testing it for at least 24 hours first. once you find the one or two decent suppliers, take short subs, then after a while, take 6m subs

Thank you, @pabloescaban! You've given me my homework to start with.

Sidebar, still very interested in my original question if any others still have opinions/thoughts. I'm interested in anything anyone is willing to share.

If you really want the sky look and to do it simply I would buy a decent sat box. Say Edision OS Mega or something similar with some horse power. Then I would download the Willobuild image from techkings and flash it on. You will have a very "sly" looking set up. Finally, get a script from a seller on here. Once you try the script, if you want to try a new one I would re-flash willobuild on the box for a clean install. Not saying it makes sense to do this but if you really want Sly look thats the easiest way.

Personally I would buy a Mag 322 or Formuler 7z+ android box. Better performance and easier to set up. Get a supplier with catch up and forget about recording.

Red skin looks like VM. Blue skin will look like Sly:

received_10158969097225557.jpeg 2017-06-13 14.30.10.png

Forget Zgemma, get a proper Enigma box like VU+, Mutant, Miraclebox, Xtrend, etc.

Agree with you there mate Forget Zgemma, get a proper Enigma box like VU+, Mutant, Miraclebox, Xtrend, etc.
Or i'd get a mag 322 or 256 much easier to use and set up if you've never used a enigma 2 box before.
Mag 250 bit slow and outdated now and informer no longer support it anymore with updates.

I would just upgrade your mag to a 322/323 you can get them from WOS for £62.00. If you want the sky look you will need a enigma 2 box

Back