Best satellite multi room setup (for the elderly)

Malbrega

Hi there,

considering investing in in a box or two for my grandparents, for them multi room is a must so was wondering what the best solution for them would be? Thought about a clone of my own setup (ZGEMMA and Kodi) but I know they won't understand or be comfortable with Kodi so would need two boxes that look as close to sky as possible.

any suggestions at all please?

Quad feed LNB and a zgemma in each room, this way they only have 1 box to learn and they get the same setup in each room so one can watch/record shows on 1 box and the other can watch/record shows on the other box. You can get skyskin on the boxes and give them a look they are used to if they are moving from sky.

just like blackwidow said zgemma in each room would be your best bet, you can have sky skin and nice and easy to use, if box no where near router you can pick up a set of powerlines, kodi aint the best for the beginners.

just like blackwidow said zgemma in each room would be your best bet, you can have sky skin and nice and easy to use, if box no where near router you can pick up a set of powerlines, kodi aint the best for the beginners.
Power lines what are these and what do they do? How do u set them.up?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Power lines are a small box you plug into a plug socket (some come with AV passthrough so you can plug something else I to them) and they use your house electrical wiring to transfer an Internet connection through your house to save you running cables everywhere generally faster than wireless!

Cheers thanks for the quick response where do I get these?

You can get Homeplug/powerline adapters from most major retails stores like PC world, Maplin, Argos etc etc and online stores like Amazon etc

Thanks so I have a zgemma into my internet how do I get second 1 set up in another room without internet? Sorry am 40 sumthing don't no anything about techy stuff

You use the homeplugs to get internet access to the other box, you can't run a line on a box with a internet connection. You can but multi-pack homeplugs, You connect your router to one of them and then plug your second box into another homeplug, they use your electrical wiring to transmit internet round your house.

old video guide of what they are,i suggest to get ones that allow a 13 amp plug to be used[video=youtube;Ic1H88Q1bYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic1H88Q1bYc[/video]

Attachments

• tp-link.jpg
    tp-link.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 57
Am also wondering if I get a motorised dish how do or who is best for euro card share? And would I get all channels on my red button and going into all and receive all the channels in their? I have a zgemma

When I press red on my box and go into all there is hundreds of channels i can see but not access

Back