Best SD Quality?

rmantech

Hi, coming from a zgemma star 2s and want something with more speed, but more importantly better SD Picture quality. Compared to the sd quality on my sky box the zgemma is quite pixelated.

Can anyone reccommend a twin tuner box with good SD picture quality and speed

looking at the mutant hd1500, h.2s or edision os mini?

Thanks!!

Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-S/S2 Linux HD PVR Ready Satellite Receiver

Twin sat with a 1.3Ghz processor

What SD channels are you looking to improve. If it's the freeview nonsense, you might be interested in setting up a Kodi TVHeadend box via a Raspberry Pi. I actually use this setup as well as this Sat Box. Timeshift never works (or rarely) but recordings are pretty good, but most key, the SD picture is miles better than ZGemma and HD is in a different league.

That said, I don't think Sky boxes are much better. I think Sky Boxes are blown out of the water by my Kodi box. So it's all relative. I don't have a Sky box to compare my Zgemma too.

By the way, you can also get Satellite dongles for Kodi too, but no idea what the deal is with those.

What SD channels are you looking to improve. If it's the freeview nonsense, you might be interested in setting up a Kodi TVHeadend box via a Raspberry Pi. I actually use this setup as well as this Sat Box. Timeshift never works (or rarely) but recordings are pretty good, but most key, the SD picture is miles better than ZGemma and HD is in a different league.

That said, I don't think Sky boxes are much better. I think Sky Boxes are blown out of the water by my Kodi box. So it's all relative. I don't have a Sky box to compare my Zgemma too.

By the way, you can also get Satellite dongles for Kodi too, but no idea what the deal is with those.

Thanks for the reply, all of the SD channels including sports seem worse quality than on an official sky box. Edision seems like a good option right now, but might be diffcult to setup with no existing image to flash.

Thanks for the reply, all of the SD channels including sports seem worse quality than on an official sky box. Edision seems like a good option right now, but might be diffcult to setup with no existing image to flash.
When you say worse? How much worse? Is it something that tweaking your colours might be able to fix? Also what are your AV settings?

As I said, if we're talking free to air channels, you might want to consider the system I'm running. The picture blows the competition away including the freeview. YouView+, Sky etc all those pale in comparison. Raspberry Pi + A MyGiga dongle shipped from China. You're talking about £50. Sure, it's only freeview, but it's nice to be able to watch HD in true HD and SD in decent quality.

For me, the sat box is more of a thing for my girlfriend, and easy access to Sky.

Back