Best Setup For Autobouqets?

walkered

Hey all,

I'm looking to customise my bouqets as none of the Sly HD channels work.

Ideally, I want all the non-working HD channels at the bottom of the channel list and have those that work (e.g. BBC1, BT Sport etc.) replace the SD versions.

I'm in the HTV Wales region, have set this up but the system is giving me ITV Central West, rather than ITV Wales HD which I had to add manually.

I'd also like the Setanta channels in the same main Sports bouqet too just for ease of access.

I had a go at editing the bouqets in Open Webif but the nightly scan just puts things back as they were.

What is the best combination of settings to achieve the above, if possible at all?

Thanks for all your help!

use one of the backups from here they'll have satanta in the sports bouquet then all you need to do is select your area custom to get rid of the hd channels

For ITV Wales HD at channel 103 set your region as Wales Custom rather than HTV Wales Custom (fellow taff ;) )

My setup is pretty similar to what you want I have it like this:

Freesat - no

Sky ROI - yes
Sky ROI Area - ROI SD
Sky ROI FTA only - no
Sky ROI Generate Main Bouquets - yes
Sky ROI Generate Section Bouquets - no
Sky ROI Generate HD Bouquets - no
Sky ROI Generate FTA Bouquets - no
Sky ROI Generate FTA HD Bouquets - no
Sky ROI Swap channels - Yes

Sky UK - yes
Sky UK Area - Wales Custom
Sky UK FTA Only - no
Sky UK Generate Main Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Generate Section Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Generate HD Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Generate FTA Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Generate FTA HD Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Swap channels - Yes

For ITV Wales HD at channel 103 set your region as Wales Custom rather than HTV Wales Custom (fellow taff ;) )

My setup is pretty similar to what you want I have it like this:

Freesat - no

Sky ROI - yes
Sky ROI Area - ROI SD
Sky ROI FTA only - no
Sky ROI Generate Main Bouquets - yes
Sky ROI Generate Section Bouquets - no
Sky ROI Generate HD Bouquets - no
Sky ROI Generate FTA Bouquets - no
Sky ROI Generate FTA HD Bouquets - no
Sky ROI Swap channels - Yes

Sky UK - yes
Sky UK Area - Wales Custom
Sky UK FTA Only - no
Sky UK Generate Main Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Generate Section Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Generate HD Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Generate FTA Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Generate FTA HD Bouquets - yes
Sky UK Swap channels - Yes

Sorry to hijack but whats the difference with the custom setting?

Custom are lists generated within the XML code in ABM to make slight changes to the channel line up, these custom ones are preset but you could edit yourself if wanted

when you do a bouquet, and the update for the epg takes place, is there anyway it could maintain the changes you made i.e. the positioning of the bouquet categories and the channels

thanks

Thanks for the setup tips boobishabang!

I'd second what wakkaday said above - ideally I'd like to reposition the bouquets and move the channels around.

Is there a way to do this so it doesn't revert back to the default after every nightly scan?

Thanks!

No not really you could disable updates then when a channel changes frequency just do a manual scan on the new frequency they will appear in last scanned bouquet then you'll have to move it

bouquets are different than the epg as you can do one without the other,either no favourites updated or no epg updated.
autobouquets make life easy no looking for lost channels when moved.
did i hear one can have your own setup lineup in a section within abm?

Received one of these box's on Friday that was apparently set up/plug and play. This was not the case, had to mess around with hard drives and EPG menus. After a couple of days all looks good but am only able to view freesat channels.

My AutoBouquets Maker Providers list looks rather minimal compared to what is shown on this thread

live in West Scotland region

FreeSat (UK) no
Sky Republic Ireland yes
Sky Republic Ireland: area Republic of Ireland HD
Sky UK yes
Sky UK: area Scottish West HD
Sky UK (SD) yes
Sky UK (SD) area Scottish West

any help would be most appreciated folks

Managed to resolve this by messing about myself. Had to go into Menu_Setup_Service Searching_AutoBouquetsMaker_Configure and change the Setup mode from simple to expert. I can now see a more detailed list of providers although slightly different from boobishabang's list in this thread. Still only able to view freesat channels though, guess I'll have to keep studying the forums

I all depends on what image you are using on the box But setting up your local area as in post 4 instead of wales its where you live and save and restart You may have to start softcams for your line to work

Thanks for the reply Tich, it's the latest sucmnsee image. Being a newbie I've no idea what softcams are, I'll research on the forum now

thanks for your help Tich, don't want to highjack this thread by going off subject but: blue button then option 5 softcam manager page header is Softcam Setup.
Active: CCcam.2.3.0
Select there is a green tick then CCcam 2.3.0
the box below this is unchecked mgcand.1.38

Back