Best setup

pitch183

Good evening all

I've got a summerhouse at the bottom of the garden kitted out with power / projector / screen etc. I have a zgemma h2s in the house with 2 sat feeds connected via Ethernet to my router. I have ran a 40m Ethernet , connected to a spare router set up as an access point mirroring the wifi network in the house. I've got good speeds. I also ran a good quality coaxial cable. What I'd like to know is, if it's possible to view channels on my zgemma in the summerhouse.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

I use this to send picture from a zgemma over a long distance. you need the one with 2 HDMI on the sender so you can loop back out to your main TV.

Perfect picture, remote control works (you need another one of those though unless you want to take it to the bottom of the garden with you)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-3D-108...984489?hash=item4d4f4ddc29:g:0goAAOSwEzxYNzKz

Very interesting, thanks for your input, the only thing is, the Ethernet cable I have run is for supplying the wifi router, do you know of any way to link this into the system? Do you think home plugs would work with this?

Last edited:
Ah, now way to run another? It has to be a direct connection from the 2 units, not via a router/switch.

No option to pull another one though?

Option to use the coax perhaps - but not sure how. Perhaps run it from one box to another? usign the RF out that is not in use on Box 1 into RF in box 2 - to provide satelite to box 2 but may need a new line/gift or multiroom so that the second box can function too. Someone else may come along with a solution.

Or you can run a standard def picture through it using an RF converter to put the red/white/yellow cable to a channel and then pick that channel back up if the remote TV/projector or box has Analogue tuner.

Some other options - if its a smart tv (but you did say its a projector so perhaps a smart digibox plugged into projector) there may be option to do a similar thing to the IPTV services.

For me I use the playlist form my zgemma on all of the samsung smart TV's in my house so that they can view the channels. Works perfectly but it is live viewing, not playback of recordings, although thats likely possible.
You could stream the channels to a kodi box, amazon firestick using similar method but I haven't done it or looked into it. Seems a bit clunky but lots of people rave about it. My hdmi over lan cable works great for my cinema room on big screen with HD where the broadcast permits so no loss of quality or functionality.

You can also do an IPTV sub on the smart tv without the zgemma, somehow, again not something i have done but with the channels going off at the rate they are its perhaps a better option anyway if you have the tech in place already to support that.

Or you could use the cable for the HDMI over LAN solution and buy a home plug to take care of the second router - sending the signal from the house router to the current location of router number 2 using the power cables around the house.
They are actually really good. I have a TP Link system which mirrors the house router name/password so there is a seamless connection from house to (in your case) summer house. Just like in a hotel.
You can even have multiple WIFI spots around the property if you have some dead zones and it gives a couple of wired connections too (although not for the HDMI over LAN)

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CI7bvPqgxNMCFcMT0wodmtAKMA

Back