Best STB PVR alternative to sly+box

Shikesh

Hi All

Just a quick question regarding the best alternative to my current setup which is with a sly+hd box.
Am looking for a PVR that can replicate the functionality of this box. For example series link, remote record, pause and rewind live TV and record 2 channels at once or watch 1 while recording another. As far as I can see the Humax FVP-5000T can do these things but costs aroubd of £229 so just wondering if there's another box which can do all these things?

Am happy for this to be either Freesat using existing sly dish or Freeview or any other service including IPTV.

Thanks for your help

Boxes like the Humax won't allow IPTV, you want to be looking at enigma 2 boxes like the zgemmas, miracle box, vu duo, technomate. Loads of guidance on the forum as to pros and cons of various boxes. I would consider the zgemma range to be entry level

most enigma boxes can do the above, for remote record to work from outside your network/home you would need to open ports on your router and forward them to the box, this could be a security issue. Something like the zgemma H52tc which has a sat tuner and twin DVB-T2/C tuner would give you freesat on one tuner via your dish and Freeview, with freeview having two tuners so you could watch one freeview channel and record another freeview and a freesat channel. You can also install an IPTV sub on them as well if needed.

Thanks for your input mbath and grog68. IPTV would be a bonus but not absolutely essential. As I said the main thing for me is just looking for a PVR with similar features as what I get with sly+ box.
If zgemma is entry level what would the more premium boxes be? Happy to spend up to £200 for this. Many thanks for all your input.

Thanks for your input mbath and grog68. IPTV would be a bonus but not absolutely essential. As I said the main thing for me is just looking for a PVR with similar features as what I get with sly+ box.
If zgemma is entry level what would the more premium boxes be? Happy to spend up to £200 for this. Many thanks for all your input.
look at a VU+ box to record you need a twin tuner box, for freesat it needs DVB-S tuners, of freeview it needs DVB-T2 or DVB T2/C tuners.

Back