Best Video Output Settings

Eesa

Hi guys!!
What video output settings would you all personally recommend so that HD channels show as 1080i and the SD channels display as best as they can?

Currently have it set to only HD 1080i and the SD channels are looking sh*tter than normal.
Further info (if required) - Zgemma H2H with a 4K HD TV running both Sly and Virmin connected via HDMI.

Thanks and all the best.
(Popping my Techkings )

each will have there own choice depending on box and tv and a lot is subjective

as for sd channels on a 4k tv, upscaling crap will always be crap, its like when the first hd tv came out and every one had sd or worse to play on them quality is rubbish its going to be the same

now as for stb, id try 720p first, then 1080p

i have an h2s and a sony 4k and i dont find the sd that bad
its no 10 but its no worse than the normal freeview or the likes

May I ask what your output settings are set as?

By
"SD channels are looking sh*tter than normal"
I mean't that an old Standard Definition satellite box (Technomate TM-500) has a superior output than the SD channels on my Zgemma.
Tinkering around with the settings, I managed to get it on par; I did something in regards to setting the output at 576i but the issue was then the HD channels looked like

May I ask what your output settings are set as?

By I mean't that an old Standard Definition satellite box (Technomate TM-500) has a superior output than the SD channels on my Zgemma.
Tinkering around with the settings, I managed to get it on par; I did something in regards to setting the output at 576i but the issue was then the HD channels looked like

Set automatic resolution to disabled and that will give you best for SD and HD channels, keep it on 1080i and you should be good.

Back