Biohead Biohead Image - OpenATV 6.1 with VSkin - Cable only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having blocky lines intermittently on my feed.

Has anyone had any problems with signal strength using this image? (not suggesting its this image just trying to identify the root cause) The channels signal strength appears to vary significantly on my zgemma H2H. I have noticed some people appear to have high signal strengths on most channels. All my connections are secure and I'm not using cheap cables. Had a solid picture with my provider for a couple of weeks now, provider suggesting the issue could be caused by either the hdmi or tuner. Will be using a test line from my provider to at least discount the line.

Thanks in advance for reading my post.

So with cable there is such a thing as too high a signal strength as well as too low a strength. If you have a Virgin superhub you can log into it and have a look at your stats - it'll give you a good idea of the power levels going into your zgemma if you only have one splitter involve in your setup.

Power levels between -8dBmV upto +11dBmV are normal - with 0dBmV being the ideal standard. The Zgemmas seem to be particularly picky about the signal strength - so if you have a positive signal strength over say +3dBmV then you might benefit from an attenuator which LOWERS your signal strength. These are dirt cheap on ebay and available in a range of sizes - ideally you want to get close to 0 dBmV.

If you have a lower strength (say below -4dBmV) then you might benefit from an amplifier. These aren't quite as cheap but they increase your signal levels. They are generally tune-able so it's a one-size-fits-all case.

It could also be line issues as you suggest, or maybe a duff hdmi cable (but slim chance).

Many thanks for your response. I use the superhub in modem mode however I have logged in. Are the stats relating to downstream channels? Rx power? If so levels are between -3.3 - -4.9dBmv between the channel ID's..

Yes sorry that's downstream channels. Those ranges you've given I would expect to work fine with a zgemma (as long as there's no other splits in the feed).
Do you get the problem on FTA channels too (so BBC1 SD for example?). If so that would almost certainly point to a signal issue. If it's only scrambled channels then it points to a line or network issue.

I have a 3 way splitter. Main feed used to connect internet. VM box and the zgemma.
FTA does have same issues.
Just to re confirm those figures it was -3.3 down to -4.9 (not +4.9)
Can you recommend an amplifier?

Probably sounds like a daft question to most but do I just paste my line where it says "Put your line here" or do I add newcamd notepad file with my line on that

Hello folks

Could someone please help me. My box reboot itself last night and then just stayed on the red boot up message.

I reflashed the box with this image and then had network issues. Following advice on this forum I managed to get the network restarted but when i got connected to the box via filezilla I couldnt see newcamd.list in the keys folder? Do I have to manually make this file myself using notepad and then add it?

Thanks

my h2h box was all working fine till yesterday ,it keeps freezing and every channel is only 29%,checked the line all ok checked everything and all looks good so took box to mates house and does exactly the same the signal is only 29% where as before it was like 117% so can anyone shed any light on this , have done complete reinstall and still saying 29% signal and freezing constantly,,, if i remember correctly my old h2 box has the 29% signal gremlin and hope this isnt a tuner issue,,,,any help be much appreciated as driving me insane

sorted as my mistake i put a old image from my old h2

Last edited:
Hi all, new time poster here hope you can help.....?

Flashed the box with bioheads guide (thank you)...I can get up to the point where I need to enter my line, however I cannot see my ip address in network. before I flashed the box I could see this and got into the directory via FileZilla. If I now try the same ip address as before it just says cannot connect.

any ideas as I'm just stuck at this point and as a newbie I'm struggling. Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks for the speedy reply dsayers2014. thats what im saying i go to where you just said and there is no ip address. all i get is; Bytes received 0 Bytes sent 0 Hostname zgemmah2h
network Lan connection & Link with a green dot that im not sure is lit up?

cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Right guys reset network and managed to get internet connection....scanned and got channels for area ok. Box is telling me I have internet connection but no confirmed ip? can I manually put my line in rather than FTP?

cheers in advance

Folks couple of quick questions on the usb setup. What should timer and instant recording location be?

Should this point to my usb stick also? ie. /media/sda1/

Or should these settings be set to the internal flash and if so what folder?

Hi all, new time poster here hope you can help.....?

Flashed the box with bioheads guide (thank you)...I can get up to the point where I need to enter my line, however I cannot see my ip address in network. before I flashed the box I could see this and got into the directory via FileZilla. If I now try the same ip address as before it just says cannot connect.

I had the same problem with this image for some strange reason it turns the network module off all I did was turn it back on and all was fine hope this helps and big thanks to biohead for all the hard work and time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back