Biohead Biohead Image - OpenATV 6.1 with VSkin - Cable only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. I have been enjoying virmin hd channels through zgemma for a while now and I will be moving house to a non cable area. Which is the best Sly image to replace cable image? Pointing me in the direction of an idiots guide will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi biohead I flashed to your image a couple of weeks ago [fantastic build by the way].
I just have one problem
I added a 1tb USB hard drive and got it up and running ok but after leaving the box overnight it malfunctions.
When I try to re-record something it says drive full and I can't play my recordings either.
I can reformat the drive and it works again but only to find the same problem the next day.
Any ideas what's going on?
The drive worked perfectly for months on my last build using vix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hi biohead I flashed to your image a couple of weeks ago [fantastic build by the way].
I just have one problem
I added a 1tb USB hard drive and got it up and running ok but after leaving the box overnight it malfunctions.
When I try to re-record something it says drive full and I can't play my recordings either.
I can reformat the drive and it works again but only to find the same problem the next day.

I just have one problem

Have you reinitialised the drive and started from scratch? Once you've done that, check to see how the drive is mounted - is it treated as USB or HDD? If USB, try to convert to a HDD mount and then double check all the save locations such as in timeshift, record and EPG.

Hi biohead,

Just got a 1tb external hard drive

When i go to Menu-Setup-EPG-Settings-EPG Location should it say /media/sda1?

Does that mean EPG is set to save on external drive?

How do i do a manual refresh of epg? I just set the maximum number of days for epg to 28 but its not showing any for more than 7 days?

Also i have enabled swap set it to 256mb, activated it and autostarted it but the pause and rewind isnt working?

Cheers.

Edit: i figured it out, timeshift working now epg saved to hdd not sda1, pressed red button-plugins-mountmanager- changed flash drive to hdd.

So many variables at play here lol, learned alot in the past week since i got the h2h though, chuffed that i got it all working now, i take it you cant watch another channel while recording?

In Software Management, whats the flash online function for? Is there any need for me to do that now?

Last edited:
Hi biohead,

Just got a 1tb external hard drive

When i go to Menu-Setup-EPG-Settings-EPG Location should it say /media/sda1?

Does that mean EPG is set to save on external drive?

How do i do a manual refresh of epg? I just set the maximum number of days for epg to 28 but its not showing any for more than 7 days?

Also i have enabled swap set it to 256mb, activated it and autostarted it but the pause and rewind isnt working?

Cheers.

Edit: i figured it out, timeshift working now epg saved to hdd not sda1, pressed red button-plugins-mountmanager- changed flash drive to hdd.

So many variables at play here lol, learned alot in the past week since i got the h2h though, chuffed that i got it all working now, i take it you cant watch another channel while recording?

In Software Management, whats the flash online function for? Is there any need for me to do that now?
You can only get a 7 day EPG in the current setup - you might be able to setup Rytec Sources to download a longer period of EPG but I found it to be flakey - both in terms of reliability and accuracy. To do a refresh, tune into the VM Previews channel (100) and let it sit there for 5 minutes (it's get the EPG data from the stream).

To watch and record you need to use two tuners - the H2h only has one cable and one sat tuner so you'll need to hookup the 2nd tuner to a sat dish in order to watch and record.

Swap isn't related to pause and rewind - that's Timeshift. Check the settings in that area to make sure it's set to the right save location and enabled.

Online update - should be safe to do. I use OpenATV which supports the zgemma range, so it lets you keep your box up to date unlike Vix.

Brilliant cheers for that,

Yeh after i changed the setting which makes the h2h see the drive as a hdd and not a flash drive, the pause and rewind started working again so all is good now, i found the setting which refreshes the epg, when i started a manual refresh it took me too the vm previews like you say, so just changing to that channel is exactly the same, thats helped, thanks.

I set epg to 14 days instead, its actualy worked lol i got all 14 days now.

Luckily i got my old openbox hooked up to my sat connection, i can just watch freeview channels on that while i record other stuff on h2h so not too shady there,.

So i do have a sat connection, i havent tried connecting it to h2h yet with your image as it is cable only i dunno if its somehow posssible to have both sat (freeview) and cable (sub)?

So the flash online function is safe to do? Will all my settings be intact? It wont wipe anything will it?

Flash online function should usually be safe. Sometime last year there was a big update with ATV which wasn't backwards compatible - but that was a bit of a one off.

DSayers backup image is built from the go to use the cable and satellite tuners together. You'll need a cable line and a sat line to clear both tuners though.

I just selected flash online and im presented with a list of images, not sure which one to choose? What does this update exactly? ATV? If i flash with one of these it wont wipe any of my configuration settings or brick my box will it?

Attachments

• IMG_20170415_144218.png
    IMG_20170415_144218.png
    367.7 KB · Views: 87
Sorry, I was thinking of software update.

Online flash will put the latest base build of OpenATV on - so you'll have to install all the extras necessary to view VM (such as ABM, Cams etc). Don't use it unless you know what you're doing.

Understood, theres probably no real benefit from doing this anyway, i dont want the headache of setting everything up, finding and downloading appropriate plugins etc, but its good to learn what everything does.

Much appreciated

Have you reinitialised the drive and started from scratch? Once you've done that, check to see how the drive is mounted - is it treated as USB or HDD? If USB, try to convert to a HDD mount and then double check all the save locations such as in timeshift, record and EPG.
You put me on the right track sorted now thanks
I hadn't changed save locations so it was recording to internal flash

i have an m3u file i want to try can you point me to where i upload it please?
Also tried to do the numbers next to channels, cacked it up had to reflash. anyone done the files for this i can just ftp to the box please?

Last edited:
I've had this image running for a while now. I can record fine. However, the timeshift isn't working correctly so I can't pause rewind etc. On the timeshift location, I receive an error saying 'The directory /media/hdd/timeshift/ is not a EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, NFS or CIFS partition.

I've had a quick look but I'm not sure what it wants me to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've had this image running for a while now. I can record fine. However, the timeshift isn't working correctly so I can't pause rewind etc. On the timeshift location, I receive an error saying 'The directory /media/hdd/timeshift/ is not a EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, NFS or CIFS partition.

I've had a quick look but I'm not sure what it wants me to do. Any help would be much appreciated.
You might need to change the directory your timeshift is pointing to - it could be whatever your USB drive / SD Card is not mounted as /media/hdd/timeshift. Check your record location and that should show you what it's mounted as if that's working correctly

Hello @Biohead - Are you due to release an updated version of your firmware for OpenATV 6.0?

Thanks.
Yep - it's just a case of finding some time to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back