Biohead Biohead Image - OpenATV 6.1 with VSkin - Cable only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
am about to buy an H2H. i have a VM connection (phone and broadband). i have never subscribed for the TV before. i was wondering if there was any chance the h2h will work if i connected it to my VM cable connection or do i need an active VM TV subscription ?.

You will be fine then - it's all through the same cable automatically if the cable is still live at the cabinet

Hi,
I take it this will not work with Satellite?
Not out of the box... but if you make all the necessary tweaks yourself you can get it working.

Not sure why you would though, as you can use any H2S image on this box and they would be setup for Sat out of the box.
"WhooshBuild" is good one to look at and I'm sure there are many others too.

Hi

Followed this guide and all I have is a black screen. I'm told I'm connected to my line, but no picture.

Reigon settings in Bouqetsmaker and tuner are set to the same.. Anything I've missed?

EDIT - Had the wrong region. Sorted now

Last edited:
Hi

Followed this guide and all I have is a black screen. I'm told I'm connected to my line, but no picture.

Reigon settings in Bouqetsmaker and tuner are set to the same.. Anything I've missed?

when you goto softcam manager/softcam panel and you can see the cams that's actve, does it say no ecm info underneath them? If so there is no connection to the line/ if on the other hand you can see provider details then you may have an issue your end.

Put the usb in the back with the image file on, had the flsh message on the display. Then it switched to boot.

It is now stuck on a virgin media Loading... screen. The time is displayed on the box.

Don't want to risk turning it off in case it bricks it.

Ideas? It has been about 15 minutes. Should I remove the usb from the back, cut the power?

What happens if you press menu on the remote? Once the time is displayed on the box, it's fully booted. As you won't have set up any channel yet it'll show that screen as it doesn't have anything else to show.

I was being too careful it seems! As it said it was loading didn't want to do anything. But it is functioning, it was fresh out the box and straight onto the flash so wasn't sure what to expect!

No channels yet until I get my line but looks nice, thanks for making the image!

Just a quick update too as I've been quiet the past few weeks.

I'm happy with the image as is, however I've noticed the EPG isn't completely filling. My image only uses Rytec sources at the minute and I believe it's not got all the information on Rytec - hence the missing gaps.
Those who know VM, also know that the EPG data is carried through the cable on certain channels. What i'm playing with currently is to get the box to automatically turn on during the night to one of these channels and sit there for 2 minutes to pull all the EPG data - the box can then go back to sleep. I had previously got this working but stopped adding it in later images. Clearly I need to go back and revisit it!

So my next release will add that to hopefully improve the EPG reliability and bring ATV to date so it doesn't get too far behind. Other than that, I plan no further changes until the next version of ATV (or if something breaks!). I'm just testing that change now to make sure it actually works as expected.

Hi, I used got my ZGemma H.2H working fine last night but when I got up and switched on today then it would not work, blank screens except the odd channel like BBC 1 standard definition. Someone has said that it could be the Cams not autostarting would this be the case and how do I fix it please?

Hi, I used got my ZGemma H.2H working fine last night but when I got up and switched on today then it would not work, blank screens except the odd channel like BBC 1 standard definition. Someone has said that it could be the Cams not autostarting would this be the case and how do I fix it please?
Press Red, press OK on softcam panel, then press green. That will restart the cam for you on this image.

Press Red, press OK on softcam panel, then press green. That will restart the cam for you on this image.

I am having the same problem, i have to rescan for my channels every morning when i wake up

Otherwise its fantastic thank you Biohazard

Would this image also be OK to flash onto the H1?

No, it's for the H2H.

---------- Post Merged at 07:44 PM ----------

I am having the same problem, i have to rescan for my channels every morning when i wake up

When you rescan, are you using ABM or doing a manual tune?

No, it's for the H2H.

I just go to automatic scan

Two strange things are happening for me:

If i leave the box say on one channel for hours without touching it the screen turns pink (i know that sounds crazy lol)
If i boot the box in the morning 90% of the channels are not working - i can restart the softcam etc but ultimately i have to rescan the channels (then all is good)

My line provider is excellent so i know its good his end, its something at my end

The problem isnt helped by the fact i am new to this (but quite experienced in general) so am still trying to get my head around the system/terminology

Last edited:
You shouldn't be doing automatic or manual scans - they are taken care of by something called autobouquetsmaker.

This image is designed to run ABM through the night to get the latest channel list. If it's not setup right, it will carry on erasing your channels every night. Go into ABM settings and make sure it's setup for the correct region for you.

No, it's for the H2H.

I just go to automatic scan

Two strange things are happening for me:

If i leave the box say on one channel for hours without touching it the screen turns pink (i know that sounds crazy lol)
If i boot the box in the morning 90% of the channels are not working - i can restart the softcam etc but ultimately i have to rescan the channels (then all is good)

My line provider is excellent 999 so i know its good his end, its something at my end

The problem isnt helped by the fact i am new to this (but quite experienced in general) so am still trying to get my head around the system/terminology
And sure agree your supplier is sound but best edit his name out of your post

Just a quick question. If I flash my H2H box with Biohead Image, will all the channels numbers will be same like Sly or VM? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back