Biss keys

cjs281279

Hi, what are these? Am i right in thinking that if you have a box capable of inputting these, you can de-scramble it without an internet connection? Just curious!

Googled: Biss Keys - Essential Interoperable Scrambling System, generally known as BISS, is a satellite sign scrambling framework created by the European Broadcasting Union and a consortium of equipment producers.

So no you'd need a line like everyone else :)

Yeah, read that earlier, but why are there numerouse sites listing biss keys, in the same sense there are numerous site listing lines?

From what I see BISS keys can change daily so I think it would be a pain in the backside to keep updating them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BISS keys are just the tip of iceberg most can change daily but most dont you also have PowerVU keys and just recently Tandberg Keys which now give you 3PM saturday kick offs in HD with english comms on the relevant satellite mainly 7.0° east and 10° east.

No internet connection needed for anything Key related, which also means a Glitch free picture

Nope Sly HD only form Cable the Tandberg keys work on those and a few other satellites i pointed out nothing opens with keys on 28.2° east and never will, A good aligned 1m Motorised satellite dish is what you need to take full advantage of the BISS/Tandberg/PowerVU keys

Hmmmm this could be another challenge, I like challenges!
Just need to sneak in my house with a 1m dish under my arm lol.
If anybody wants to pm me with further info I will be most grateful. I've got plenty of E2 receivers just don't know what to do lol. A dish could be on order lol

Any Linux Enigma2 receiver with a patched version of Oscam that incorporates both PowerVU and Tandberg can be used with a relevant softcam.key file

some closed source receivers such as the Technomate F3/5 and 5402HD M3 model have just recently had a patch released that makes them Tandberg compatible which literally means you just enter the key via the remote control and Voila! the channels/Feeds open.

There are other receivers Strong etc.. that are also able to do the same thing

I got a nearly new 90cm dish and an unused Technomate motor still boxed both for around £50 all in from Shpock, cable and f-connectors from screwfix and installed myself on a pole in the garden dug in with 3 bags of postcrete. Gets most of the sats I wanted here in the midlands took me a day in total but so worth it. Still trying to work out how to get the epg to show in english on the foreign channels an awful lot of series and movies in HD with English audio (which I set as default) most decoded by my existing provider without needing BISS keys but these open up more still.

Im familiar with oscam now using C and N lines on sat. Not heard about biss keys before, I would like to know more!!

So is a biss key another way of unlocking the channels ?

Are we just talking satellite here then??

Last edited:
yes, just sat as far as I'm aware and only specific european sats, as freeuk stated mainly 7 and 10 degrees east, also 27.5w but this is mainly only of interest to expats wanting to watch the beeb and this is far more involved!

Back