Bizarre problem with channels on H2H

Hi everyone. I've had my H2H for almost a year now and never had any problems. I'm connected via Virgin and up until two days everything was running great.

Usually my ABM runs at 1am every night but from Saturday its not picked up any channels. I get the tune failed fatal error if i manually scan. It's picking up 0 channels now (not even freeview). I've read a few posts about checking my region is correct, RF input is sound etc and tried it all but nothing is working.

Im running Openvix that was set up for me by a provider ive used for a few years. I cant get hold of him anymore now though...

The only feature I can use on the box are my iptv apps like Yify and series9.

I'm not the most technically astute with these boxes even though I've used the like for many years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

if you can access the iptv apps, this means the box is still getting an internet connection.
It doesn't mean it's still connected to the VM cable though, what splitter is in use?
Do you have VM BB?
What build is on the box? - if it's an old build, you must have been getting the audio description on movies Hd channels?
You really need to flash a new build to the box and try a scan in aubobouquetsmaker after setting your netid.

Save a copy of your line details (if it's still active!) so you can put it back in after flashing

If i was you i would switch to wooshbuild infinity, theres a major thread on the forum explaining it all, plus wooshman is always available and willing to help, then once you get up and running you could get yourself a line for cable, or and you can go iptv also, getting a good provider is the difficult bit there though as you probaly already know.

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

I dont have VM BB. I was extremely lucky when i moved house in Jan that my new address was connected. This is my fear that im now disconnected from the exchange.

I did have AD on movies yeah. Drove me mad. My gift still has a month or two left but because I'm not too savvy with this im apprehensive about reflashing. How do I back up my gift details and IPTV apps? I didnt pay for IPTV as I dont use it for sports etc only the movie apps. I really don't want to lose this feature but have no idea how to reinstall it again if I install new firmware.

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

I dont have VM BB. I was extremely lucky when i moved house in Jan that my new address was connected. This is my fear that im now disconnected from the exchange.

I did have AD on movies yeah. Drove me mad. My gift still has a month or two left but because I'm not too savvy with this im apprehensive about reflashing. How do I back up my gift details and IPTV apps? I didnt pay for IPTV as I dont use it for sports etc only the movie apps. I really don't want to lose this feature but have no idea how to reinstall it again if I install new firmware.

You need to find out if the VM cable is still connected before you do anything else - it sounds like they've disconnected it in the cabinet.
If they have, then a full iptv sub is your only option unless you want to switch to VM BB and the cable will become live again

I hope it isn't but I think so too. Is there any way for me to find out if it's still live? At my last address we didn't have VM for 8 years and were never disconnected. Mustve been extremely lucky i guess.

Would it be worth trying to update or replace the firmware or is it more than likely a connection issue? The fact all channels were working fine then I woke up Saturday to find not even terrestials were working or now scanning is a killer.

Sounds like your one of the unlucky ones and been disconnected etc you could take out the lowest broadband package with them and then cancel within the cooling off period and hope and pray they leave it connected etc otherwise like mentioned you will have to go down the iptv route :(y):

There's been several reports of this happening recently and it turned out to be Autobouquetsmaker needed to be updated.
Most of those affected were in Oxford using 00020 netid
If you flash a newer build, it may be a good move as it sounds like you are using an antiquated build

@dsayers2014 will come on and say something like:

"Setup your tuners with your correct ID then do a channel scan, not using ABM and see if you get any channels that way".

Have you updated to ABM version 3 yet? I think that solves some stuff but I know jack about the VM side. Isn't it ID 20 (or is it 22) which is causing problems at the moment. You haven't said what you area / ID is so just repeating what I have read.

note to self: Type quicker

I'm in area 41060 (Manchester 1) When I did a manual scan it found nothing. The scan is complete within 10 seconds and finds 0 channels.

Sorry to sound like a div but how do I find what build im using so I can give you the info?

It just says 'Openvix' and 'please wait' while it's booting. Then the 'service unavailable, check tuner configuration' error message.

bygpiT

I've managed to find the OE info if this helps?
https://ibb.co/bygpiT

just check that someone hasn't moved the VM cable from it's socket at the back, it needs to go in the push-in inlet, not the threaded inlet
Also, check which tuner is enabled in tuner configuration...make sure the sat tuner is set to not configured and the DVB-C (cable) tuner is set to Virgin UK

I will say no as not to use abm scan but to use the first scan option when setting up tuners,we know as you said abm does not work.

I will say no as not to use abm scan but to use the first scan option when setting up tuners,we know as you said abm does not work.
I've tried that and it still finds nothing. It also wiped out my saved channels (they were already not working after getting the tune failed message from ABM auto update)

try a manual search with this info
Manchester 1 NTL ex C&W 41040 666.750 6.887

this is your other choice

Manchester 2 NTL ex C&W 41060 666.750 6.952

different providers.

Back