Blade 5000s Firmware files...EPG 7 DAYS

Im finding im getting the no signal on input 1 error even when im not using the 7 day epg. This tells me its the default firmware issue.

guys I thought I was the only one experience the black out but it happens to me sometimes the picture goes black for a sec then comes on or sometimes i have to change channels then go back.

It's not server issue or a c or n line issue I have 2 different boxes and the other box works fine and the amount of people talking about the same problem we can't all have server issues.

I hope there is a new firmware out soon.

The last BM7000s firmware release took a year so I hoe it's soon for this.

BladeMedia posted on their Facebook page that they are in final testing of the new firmware for the BM5000s.

So I can't see it being to long really.

Just installed my BM5000s used the 7 day epg as first all was going well but then after a couple of hours the box rebooted itself and showed scrambled channel. Reverted back to older firmware without the 7 day epg and so far so good with this one. Guess I will just wait until they bring out some newer upgrades for the 7 day epg until I change firmwares again. Also when box reboots it takes quite a few mins for the paid service channels to come back on is this just a server issue?

Thanks guys

usually takes a week or two after the official one is released, im sure it's the same people that make the official who make the patched version but release it through other means

a few questions, after ive read readme.txt for the new firmware.
since im already up and running, do i use application only?
do i lose my line if i install new firmware?
whats the bm 7000s channel list like, whats the difference between that and 5000s channel list?
all help welcome. thanks, liam

yes you will lose you're line as this is the official firmware which has no 9991 menu to input the line.

you will have to wait until the patched version is out usually can take a week or so after the official one is out.

Everytime you update you're box with new firmware whether that be official or patched you will lose you're line, so make note of it somewhere.

actual channel list of BM7000S are similar if it means blade online channel list, i preferred the grouping of fav list on bm7000s to 5000s so I hope this new update is similar.

Haven't got a BM5000 myself but just downloaded the firmware from there site to have a look at the readme.

Looks like it is a big update with lots of changes underneath because the new software uses a slightly different format of channel file now.

The new format channel files were also on the website for download so looks like a simple case of flashing the firmware then putting the new channel file on so no drama there.

Might get me one of these puppies..

Here's the readme....

Code:
[COLOR=#d3d3d3][B]BM5000s April 09 2014 - All Languages. BETA RELEASE

There are two versions of this software:-

Full flash (recommended). 
This will completely erase your set top box and perform a full flash. You will lose your data.
Please back up your personal settings and channel list before upgrading.

Application Only
This will preserve your settings and channel list.
However you also need to upgrade to the new version of the channel ssu file. (See below).

Changelog:-

1. New Channel List screen similar to BM7000s list mode.
2. Full 7 Day EPG
3. Extended EPG on all 7 Day data
4. Improved HD picture quality
5. Weather bug fixed
6. Structural changes to the firmware

IMPORTANT:

This is a big update. There have been large structural changes to the firmware.
It means that the previous channel database files are no longer fully compatible with
this new software. If you continue to use old channel files you will receive unstable and
undesirable results. It is highly recommended that after you upgrade to this software you
also upgrade to the latest channel ssu files.

For those updating using the full flash, you will lose all settings. After this, either please
rescan your channels manually, or load one of our New (N) channel files.

For those updating only the application, we recommend either deleting all channels before you begin 
your upgrade (MENU>SETUP>FACTORY SETTING>DELETE ALL) or as soon as the upgrade is completed load
the NEW (N) channel data file onto your box.

So to put simply, to use this firmware you will need to upgrade both the firmware and channel file.[/B][/COLOR]

yes but it doesn't have the 9991 menu that's the official firmware, if all you want if the FTA channels then go for it but if not then wait until the patched version is out

Back