Blade 5000s Firmware files...EPG 7 DAYS

no when you have got your epg up press the red button to download the epg info but you must also have usb memory stick plugged in to store the info as there is no memory on the box to do this.
Hope this helps

no when you have got your epg up press the red button to download the epg info but you must also have usb memory stick plugged in to store the info as there is no memory on the box to do this.
Hope this helps

The 7 Day EPG is brilliant on this box, so let me just make a quick and simple guide here:-

1. Put a decent USB stick in the back
2. When watching TV, press EPG button, then press the RED button to Update EPG
3. Let the box do its clever stuff.

That's it, its really simple. You will now have a full 7 days epg complete with extended info as well.

It's much better than the previous box for EPG and it is really rock-solid stable. Then, every few days just do it again to load the next 7 days in... takes 60 seconds... its a great box... stick with it.

;)

Hope this helps

The 7 Day EPG is brilliant on this box, so let me just make a quick and simple guide here:-

1. Put a decent USB stick in the back
2. When watching TV, press EPG button, then press the RED button to Update EPG
3. Let the box do its clever stuff.

That's it, its really simple. You will now have a full 7 days epg complete with extended info as well.

It's much better than the previous box for EPG and it is really rock-solid stable. Then, every few days just do it again to load the next 7 days in... takes 60 seconds... its a great box... stick with it.

;)

However recently during this latest firmware sometimes the download doesn't work it keeps rebooting the box every time you try.

If you have this issue try the following:

1. once it has rebooted more then once DON't try again leave it a couple of hours.

2. Try different favourite categories so for example if it failed EPG download in Sport category then go to 'Popular' and try downloading there or any other.

3. If that fails then try going to 'all channels' or 28.2 channels and try epg download from there.

It will eventually work just takes the piss sometimes

I am having trouble with the 7 day EPG using the July firmware. I've tried all the above suggestions but just get the now and next and not 7 day.
It worked fine when I first tried it and I even managed to edit config.cfg and get a cline working.
Now I get the impression that updates from the USB disk are not working although there is no error message and PVR still works fine. I am using a 2TB NTFS disk for all of this and wonder if this might be part of the problem

Can anyone help me please. I just set up blade 5000s and am having problems with the channels. Some channels will work for 5mins and then scrambled. I tried using epg but it doesn't work. Even some of the freeview channels doesn't show. Please help. Thanks

Did you ever get to the source of the problem as I am also experiencing this fault with only now and next EPG showing and not 7days

There is new firmware here

Then EPG button on remote, download button for 7 day EPG, you need a USB stick in the box to store the extra info.

I have installed the new firmware from here and usb plugged in then when I download EPG it starts to download box reboots then it only lists what's on on certain channels now and next tried leaving it for a few hours and retrying on different fav selection and also all satellite

I have installed the new firmware from here and usb plugged in then when I download EPG it starts to download box reboots then it only lists what's on on certain channels now and next tried leaving it for a few hours and retrying on different fav selection and also all satellite

I've had the same problem past couple of days I'll just keep trying every now and then when I get time It will work eventually just takes the piss sometimes.

hi guys
I need a help please. I just install blade 5000s but the problem am having is that, the channels go off after like 5mins of watching it. I tried using the epg and after downloaded on the usb, sometimes it works and sometimes, it doesn't. even the free channels like bbc news doesn't work.
my usb is permanently on the box. please advice .thanks

I've been having these issues too.

I Couldn't get the EPG working fully - it had missing information for certain channels etc like others have had. USB pen in the box and all that, but the box would sometimes reboot or hang. I havent had a full EPG for weeks now.

Until just now that is. I just managed to get the download working by pressing "Menu", highlight "Channel", then select "EPG" then the "Red" button to download via that way - fully working EPG again! Normally, I simply pressed the EPG button the Red on the remote to download, but that has failed for ages now. No idea if this was just chance or whether it works all the time.

Also, in the last 5 mins I got another "No Signal (Tuner1)" blank screen which I fix by going up a channel and then back down - basically change chanel for a sec.

---------- Post Merged at 05:52 PM ----------

hi guys
I need a help please. I just install blade 5000s but the problem am having is that, the channels go off after like 5mins of watching it. I tried using the epg and after downloaded on the usb, sometimes it works and sometimes, it doesn't. even the free channels like bbc news doesn't work.
my usb is permanently on the box. please advice .thanks

Hi

I can only suggest checking for loose cables mate. It sounds like your signal isn't getting through as your free to air channels are cutting out as well. Hopefully someone with more experience can assist you when my suggestion doesn't work :grin: Goodluck!

Hi guys having a problem setting up blade 5000 i have put the firmware on but cant open 9991, just says invalid channel, the config.cfg says action fail press exit,status open file success progress 0% if anyone can help i would appreciate it. thanks jimbo21947

Hi guys having a problem setting up blade 5000 i have put the firmware on but cant open 9991, just says invalid channel, the config.cfg says action fail press exit,status open file success progress 0% if anyone can help i would appreciate it. thanks jimbo21947
Hi jumbo have you tried to access the 9991 whilst on the menu ( press menu then 9991 ) this should get you into the 9991 setup

Hi sparkyles when i press menu then 9991 just flicks on and off menu, do my head in i think it as something to do with config,cfg failing but might be wrong, i had no trouble with blade7000s thought it would be the same

Back