Blade 5000s

tamben

So I ended up selling the 7000s for the 5000s, sources close to blade were telling me they overestimated the amount of 7000s they sold which led them to releasing the cheaper 5000s. I've got the 25 Jan patched firmware which as previously stated from another forum member is full of bugs, but I thought ill give my 2 cents on the box and the firmware.
Firstly, once you boot up the box it does take a tad bit longer then the 7000s. The remote is much smaller than the 7000s but looks more sleeker and some of the buttons are re-arranged but wont take long getting used to. The GUI is a step up from the 7000s and gives the menu and EPG a modern look. When I purchased the box the supplier told me the picture quality is a spitting image of the 7000s however on my Samsung UE46ES8000 you can tell there is a slight difference in picture quality. If you configure the picture settings (contrast, brightness, saturation) on the box it may be improved but still noticeably different from the 7000s. Im sure as the months go by and blade contionusly release new firmware it may improve.

Hi tamben,

If you get a copy of the file when it is bug free, if you send me a copy
I can put it in the download section for all the members if you like.

Somone has kindly uploaded one in the downloads section.. Im assuming its a bug free one. What are the changes of this new firmware compared to the other one?

Looks the same as the official release, just with the 9991 option.

Bug free, works fine.

With regards to the image quality I was wondering if you've adjusted your TV setup settings (saturation, contrast,brightness). I've noticed that putting the correct TV mode on instead of Auto is an improvement or maybe it's just my eyes..

Back