Blade 7 Day EPG TUTORIAL

brickie

Hi all,

I have put together this very simple tutorial on how to get 7 Day EPG on the Blade. Some people are doing it wrong I think and are only getting Now and Next because they are using the wrong option.

1. Download the latest channel list for your area direct from Blade Online by pressing:
MENU
BLADE ONLINE
EU UK ASTRA 28.2
..then chose your area from this list of London, Central, Granada etc.

2. Now you will find at the bottom of every FAV group a channel called 7 Day EPG Download. Select this channel and watch it for around 60 seconds.
This is not actually a TV channel, it is a data download channel.
Your screen will say No Audio/Video. This is correct.

3. That's it! You have now downloaded 7 days of programme guide.

I think people are incorrectly using the EPG Updage option (yellow button) which is only for Now and Next and mainly used for Europe where they don't have a 7 Day data download.

Last edited:
extra info

Good post brickie.. (y)

Same as above but extra info

Brickies way is correct but only updates the current section that your in say HD or Documetarys etc and you'd have to go into each one to update epg

A better way as this updates all groups at once, is to hit group select 28.2E Astra2/Eurobird then look for 7 day epg download mines located on chan 74 but may be different for other areas leave on here for few mins and bingo updated all groups at once.

if you didnt Download the latest channel list for your area direct from Blade Online as post above and just scanned you probably wont have 7 day epg download but you will have one listed as blade media tv leave on this for a few mins as found does the same job.

;)

Last edited:
Hello, yes that has been working like that for a while now it gives you a complete weekly guide for all freeview channels but it wont work for the rest..eg sly 1 or atlantic, you get full listings but not a full guide, its ok though is not a big problem.

Hi dooby2oon,

My method will update all channels on all groups, not just the group you are in.

It doesn't matter which group you do it from.

;)

..epg listings are ok on every group, what I'm saying is that a guide or description for all is only available on freeview channels.

The EPG has its glitches and constantly has to be updated manually. The seven day EPG is not on all channels and it is only now and next programme description. I have learnt to live with it. The channel list from Blade Online is not upto date either.

I thought you had to hit the yellow button when you have found the 7day epg channel, that's what I have been doing. When you do it this way you have an update progress screen displaying.

@Yashman, my EPG data is virtually 90%, just the odd one or two channels not showing but I can live with that. Also, if you think the Blade Online is not up to date why don't you make one yourself and keep it up to date every month and email it to them to put up? By the looks of it they accept user submitted ones because there is one on there for Ireland.

@Jazz, no, you just leave it on the channel for 60 seconds or so... there is no progress bar on the 7 Day Download.

All the best :)

Hello,

Tried suggestions mentioned above. I am using Blade Media BM8000 combo and downloaded Blade Online / UK Astra / London

However, after i switch to 7 day EPG channel and keep it on for even 10 minutes, then i change the channel, i cannot see any EPG data downloaded. Am I doing something wrong here guys? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi guys
I know this is quite an old thread but I'm hoping someone can help
The 7 Day EPG download channel has been working fine till yesterday.Everytime I click on it,instead of loading the epg the box just freezes.This is really irritating.
Can somebody please advise?
Thanks

Hi guys
I know this is quite an old thread but I'm hoping someone can help
The 7 Day EPG download channel has been working fine till yesterday.Everytime I click on it,instead of loading the epg the box just freezes.This is really irritating.
Can somebody please advise?
Thanks

Happens for me too since a couple of days ago. I just read on another forum that something has changed in the 7 day download from the sky satellite and it is bigger now because of the new SKY-Q thing.
The Sky-Q info is all on that same data stream as now, according to what others are saying and it contains lots of new info for SkyQ boxes.
Maybe the old bm7000 just can't handle the bigger size coz its ram is too small? its getting on a bit now LOL ;)

The "update EPG" button still works fine though so I can still see whats on.

The bm8000 works fine too but that has more memory and faster processor. Thats why I'm thinking it is because the poor old bm7000 is just too old for the new 7 day epg.

That's actually sad!!! Lol
I've had this box like forever & the 8000 picture quality isn't as good.
I've been thinking of getting a Vu+ but I'm not too sure which one to go for,so many on the market
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Same has happened to me, it coincided with me updating the channel list so thought it was something to do with that but your explanation makes sense....maybe it is time for a new box.

A mate of mine said he has an Openbox V8 and gets all channels in HD, is he talking out of his backside?

Back