Blade 7000 Combo VM setup

As per last post, I'm also having the exact same problem. Has anyone been able to resolve this. Also when I search on QAM 64 get very few channels however on QAM 256 it seems to extract no channels??? Anyone know anymore?

When terrestrial is shown why exit, just use the details given and press red button to scan, if no channels found could be no live feed, or incorrect detail input.

For Power Scan, input Symbol Rate 6952 or 6887 QAM Size ==QAM 64,QAM 256. Both Qams are scanned at the same time

Hello m8 thanks for the reply. However, unless im missing something, you cannot do as you suggested. When you go into blade you have to be able to select terrestrial and then enter the details, however as soon as you select terrestrial (so you can start inputting the details) the blade box crashes. This is with the latest new firmware and channels. Also tried with previous July 2014, however no channels come up with search. Have tried QAM 64 and 256. Connection is all good and tested. Does anyone know if I can get the latest vm channels as CNDF file? anyone send?

Have seen elsewhere with later firmware box line disconnects although it's been OK for me, most of the later updates have been for Utube try a older one perhaps last year.

Channels lists for VM are different for each area (NetID)

Edit
Should have said line disconnects.

Last edited:
cheers m8. have tried with older firmware. however crashes when you download the latest channel list from blade online. that comes with firmware update. have tried everything so can only think the best way to get the lists from someo e which are already combined.

As previous post channel list for VM differ for each area (NetID) the list from BM I believe is only for Sky, never used it made my own list for VM/Sky, which is no use to anyone not using the same NetID

Been on this for days, I used blade online for astra 28 which deleted all my tuner 2 channels. Was struggling to get them back! Had to revert to blind scan of astra then the tuner 2 search was working properly. Didn't bother separating from splitter (in fact I've got it running through 2 splitters) and still got 550 channels it was best via manual scan (powerscan only got 505 and was missing MUTV).......

hi

starvin i have tried to do what you suggested but still missing sky sports 2 hD, mutv, nat geo HD maybe a few more do you know where i can find a list of the channel frequency for vm

Thanks

You are missing a lot of channels/frequencies could be the wrong Symbol Rate is being used, no one can give a channels frequency list when it's unknown what area/NetID being used, from a Virgin Media sub box, settings/tech stuff/top is Netid

hi Iac

i been reading alot off you post looks like your the vm guru i am in coventry which was ntl area my netid is 6887.
i have a big problem now i recently updated the channel list from blade online to the lastest version i went over to scan tuner 2 now i can only find 4 tp on qam 64 around the frequency 635. these are basic itv hd and a few other channels.

i have changed the firmware jan 2013 and march 2014 did a scan but same issue only get 4 tp

thanks

i am in coventry which was ntl area my netid is 6887
Your NetID is NOT 6887(NTL Provider) that's the Symbol Rate(S/R) for the area, the NetID for the box is only needed to find the S/R.
From post 3,Symbol Rate = Telewest 6952 or NTL 6887 This depends on your area unsure check VM sub box, Settings, Tech Stuff

tuner 2 now i can only find 4 tp on qam 64 around the frequency 635
Both QAM 64 & 256 are scanned at the same time
Post 3,QAM Size = 64/256, there is very few TPs that use 64 QAM now

looks like your the vm guru
Not so it's just I have some of these boxes that I'm able to comment.

hi iac

sorry my mistake my symbol rate is 6887 and my netid is 19, i am searching both 64 and 256 however i only pick up 4 transponders on frequency 635, 643, 651 and 659 all on 64 i get notting on 256. i do agree when i did get this up and running i had of more tp on 256 but after doing update i can not find any.

well either way you still one of the most helpful guys around.

thanks

Provided info given is correct, this is the setup for your box.

Connect to a live VM feed, Menu - Installation - Channels Search -,
Satellite = Tuner 2, some may show Terrestrial (depends on software)
Scan Mode = Power Scan, a Auto scan is only needed there on in unless searching for a new TP.
Frequency No need to touch
Symbol Rate = 6887
QAM Size = 64/256, both scanned at same time. use right/left arrow to change to QAM 64,QAM 256
Step = Default is set to 8.0 if TP are missing the step can be lowered.

Press red button to scan from a direct feed, no splitter is advised. like Sky channels are not in order.

QAM - 64/265 both are used at the same time, not separate scans

thanks iac

that is what i do and i was up and running just a few channels missing so what i did was update the channel list and power scan again and like i said can only find 4tp ill give it another go and let you know

Thanks

If your are refering to the channels list on Blade have never bother to use it, last I looked it was for Sky only not cable, reckon you're deleting the VM channels when updating Sky channel list

If indeed just Sky channel lists on Blade (not near a BM Combo ATM), download the Sky channel list for your area, reboot box, scan on VM , channels can then be altered using Clarke Tech Editor Studio.
Thanks to HH, Edit channel lists for TM5402 and blade 7000 with clarke tech editor studio.avi - YouTube

Hi Iac

i will first like to thank you for all your help. i am back up and running the issue was the symbol rate even tho i should be 6887 this only produced 4 tp like i said earlier. what i did was change the symbol rate to 6952 and bravo i found 66 tp looks like vm is moving it all to symbol rate 6952.. i still have the channels missing like sky sports 2 hd but something is better then notting.

IThanks again

Hi
How do you get a live vm feed as i did have one a couple of years ago but checked connection and nothing there.Also do you use normal c line or n lines for getting all channels on vm.

Hi
I would like a 12 month cable n line with a view of a test line. I also would like it to be freeze free and in hd.
Kind regards rh

Back