blade 7000s 7 day EPG

im having trouble with the 7day epg every time i go and down load it it says 100% sucsseful but it still only shows wots on no and the next program any help thanks

blade 7000s epg

when you download epg and it says complete, wait a couple of minutes, because it is still downloading

Hi folks ....taken from another forum

What you need to do is find Sky UK EPG channel on your box

It can be found on this satellite stream
Astra 2A (28.2E) - IEPG data 1 - 11778.00 V - 27500 2/3 - SID 4189
You need to manually tune it if you don't have the channel. The channel itself is found under radio rather than TV

Find 'IEPG Data 1' Under radio section on your box and stay on that channel for about 5 Minutes

If you have the CNDF file from blade, don't worry about manually adding the channel or if you haven't deleted it.

You should then have a full EPG, The longer you stay on it the more EPG data the Box Downloads.
I estimated about 10mins for a 7 day listing.

You dont need to do that, all you do is in each group

Entertainment
Lifestyle
Movies
Sports
etc...

the very last channel in each category is called 7 day epg download, just click ok on that then wait, shouldn't take longer than 40 seconds.

Help 7 day epg not available

I have exactly the same problem with the 7 day EPG not being shown. I have followed the suggestions in this thread including updating my blade 7000s with the latest firmware, updating the channel list from blade online and going to the "7 day EPG download" channel in each of the groups e.g. HD, lifestyle etc and clicking on that in the hope that the 7 day EPG would update and show up. Unfortunately none of this seems to be working. Even if I leave the "7 day EPG download" channel on for 10 minutes it is still not updating. I've tried rebooting, inserting a USB device etc. I have BM7000s, s/w Oct 6 20117e*, h/w 1.00, boot 5.30, CH version F015. Would appreciate all your help and advice on how to get the 7 day EPG working.

Good news, you will have to do that in each group every day if you go to standby, but I hope the next release will be better.

Hi lads - unfortunately it seems that the 7Day EPG isn't automatically at the end of everyone's channel lists. I have been into every group and it's not there. I'm looking for that Sky EPG channel now and will hopefully find it.

I have the latest patched firmware from October and it's not coming up for me.

I will let you all know if I find a solution.

PS. Hitek. Are you ok after last night? Our lads gave you a hellish beating at St. James' :p

There is a solution to this a few posts above, when looking at the listing's in any group, press the yellow button for epg update.

PS. Hitek. Are you ok after last night? Our lads gave you a hellish beating at St. James'

As for thee above comment middlefingerdance:hop mad:middlefingerdance

lol

I am also having problems with the 7 day epg, some channels only have a listing for the next hour and no further information available. Very annoying when you want to record off the epg.

I am using the 7day epg from the groups, when I select this channel I get a no audio/video information. Is this correct? and how do you know when the epg is fully updated?
Also does just one of the groups 7day epg information update all channels listings?

You have to use the yellow button in EACH group, it updates the group you are on only, you will know when it has updated as you will have a shit load of epg data.

Is there an option to auto download the epg data so it can be set on a timer or does it always have to be done manually?
Not got my box yet (hopefully tomorrow) but 7 day epg was a feature I really wanted after having lived with the DM500s for ages.

Thanks

Sully

Good news, you will have to do that in each group every day if you go to standby, but I hope the next release will be better.

So if you turn the box to standby do you loose the epg list? What happens if you set a recording for the next day (using the epg list) and put the box into standby mode. Will it still remember the epg recording?

leave your box on, not on standby,they still have not sorted epg, even if you have a external hard drive attached it will not remember the epg,
LEAVE THE BLADE BOX ON , NOT GO TO STAND BY, when downloading epg wait 5 minutes before you select any channel,

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

all epg will be lost, no recording available !!

johnviv, is that true m8?
cos I regularly power off my blade by the switch at the back, and it still saves the Recording info from epg next time I power up. and the epg is also loaded from the external hard drive (not 100% i admit), but it does load most of the epg automatically at next boot from the hard drive. and its even better with the very recent firmware released last week. i'm not seing things m8, beleive me :-)

I tried a recording for the next day using the epg. Turned the blade off using remote control, and the recording came out ok. Perhaps there is confusion what the standby mode is? Is standby referring to turning the blade off on the rear switch on the back of the blade?

Standby mode is when you press the RED button on the Remote, and the Box will have 1 big RED dot

Another way to take the box into standby is by specifying in the MENU option, in Automatic Standby you can tell the box to go into Standby mode if the box is idle for 1 hour or 4 hours, and so on.

Back