blade 7000s 7 day EPG

hi all, i have a very good external hard drive,if i press the red button on the remote ,or set the box to go into automatic standy, when i fire up the box again at a later stage ,half of the epg is missing and it only shows that days epg not 7 days , the latest firmware doesn't work for me so took it back out, perhaps because im in s wales, the epg signal is different from the rest of the uk.

Mine seems to work ok when recording using the epg off standby
either on the same day recording or a few days in advance.
Haven't had any problems yet.

hi firmware is good but epg is not as sky boxes display, as sky boxes have a easy to read display you press left right and on the blade media you have to look carefully a writing is small and have to select ok or epg to view epg. i hope next firmware makes the blade media bm7000s epg esier to understand like sky boxes. thankyou shoyaib

hi firmware is good but epg is not as sky boxes display, as sky boxes have a easy to read display you press left right and on the blade media you have to look carefully a writing is small and have to select ok or epg to view epg. i hope next firmware makes the blade media bm7000s epg esier to understand like sky boxes. thankyou shoyaib

Why not get sky TV fitted and pay the full price if you like there set up so much?.

Well said Hitek, had the box for over a month now and not had any issues with the 7day EPG, the 7day EPG is definately there, normally if i don't have the time will press the yellow button for a quick EPG update - this normally gives you the next two shows. The best thing i have found is to turn the 7dayEPG channel on the ASTRA28 option of the categories button on the remote - this gives you all channels - however you have to scroll down to the number 7 to find, yeah this takes a while but well worth it and you can leave it loading away while you get organised when you come in at night. Don't know what you guys are moaning about with it being hard to read!

hi im sorry but i dont think anyone understood what i meant. i lkie blade media bm7000s more than sky as more functions also cost less to run. the only problem is that the 7 day epg is listed no problem with that but writing is small to read what programs are comming next. you have to go close to the television. and is a drop down list not like skys left and right option on remote which writing on sky is more bigger the font size and its easier to see from a distance. i hope next firmware solves the font size issue. i hope it has been understood correctly now. sorry for any missunderstanding. thankyou shoyaib

shoyaibpatel, try factory reset and reload your cndf file.

I dont have that problem you mentioned above. I have 2 blades, main 1 is on a 42" panasonic, and my other blade is connected in bedroom to a 22" tele, and even on that I can see very clear from the other end of the room.

Have you got your tv settings set up correctly, have you tried changing it to 16.9 or anything else, reason I ask is caus on mine the writing is plenty big enough, also turning down the transparency in the osd settings on the blade will help focus the writing.

Menu >> blade >> OSD settings >> press ok - turn down to 0%

In the same menu you cant turn up the amount of time the info timeout will remain on your screen to give you more time to read it.

hi i have a sharp 32inch tv connected tried 16:9 but goes smaller i went back to 14:9 transparecy is ok. but font is small. please help thanakyou shoyaib

Besides doing what geradelfc said above theres nothing much else you can do, if you have the settings on your tv set on 16.9 also set the same on your blade media in menu options it should display plenty big enough, you could also try it on another tv to test.

hi my 7day epg doesent work either only todays no further i press yellow to update but still does not. please help i have got the latest january firmware with 9991 option installed. help is apreciated

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

and also i have my server newcamd setup it says connected but all chanels are scrambled please helpthankyou shoyaib

7 day epg

when you press the 7 day epg , the last channel on all news, sport ,etc press the the yellow button and it will start downloading, wait for 2 minutes after it says finished, because it is still downloading the 7 days worth of progs.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

also there is no channels in 7day ,just press it once, then yellow button,

when you press the 7 day epg , the last channel on all news, sport ,etc press the the yellow button and it will start downloading, wait for 2 minutes after it says finished, because it is still downloading the 7 days worth of progs.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

also there is no channels in 7day ,just press it once, then yellow button,

Will give it a go thanks!

check , that you are connected to a server by the 9991 , if you are not, you will get no scrambled channels

In groups, at the end of each list of channels it should say 7 day epg download. If you can't see it post back your system information.

Menu>>Installation>>ok on System information.
Hello there, epg is there and is ok for recording, my epg only gives a description of the first two programs on each channel, is there a way of getting a description for every program listed in epg? thanks.

hi after you have dowloaded the epg, press the guide button on your remote and it will show the 7 day epg,
on the left you will see all the channels and the times they are on, toggle between the channel and the time,

then press the yellow button to move to the days, mon ,tue wed, if the days are not there you have to let the 7 day epg download for longer i leave it for 2 minutes, hope this hepls .

Back