blade 7000s dish freq change

oldskool

i currently running 28.2e as normal have signal strength of 62% quality 81% on dish freq setting 1)10.715 ghz(h).i have noticed if i scroll through freq to 96)11.127 ghz(v) my signal strength goes upto 83% and quality 85%.but i cant save this setting it always returns to 1)10.715. i am having problems with glitching or bad signal when bad weather occurs.does my dish need slightly adjusting.or can i somehow save the 96 freq setting to boost my signal.my location is not ideal as only have very small window between houses for my dish to pick up signal.i did buy a signal finder but was pretty useless.so used my sly box to set up dish by try and error on sly signal strength setting,my first proper post so excuse any noob mistakes.

Hi,

I use a dish on a tripod for my caravan, so set it up
in different places all the time. I wouldn't get too
technical with this sort of stuff.

I find I get a picture, or I don't.
Don't even bother with sat finders an all that jazz.

I would say it's more likely to be the server you are using.
Try a test line from somewhere else and see if it makes a difference.

just a bit worried that i set up dish myself lols.just changed to new server test line was fine.hd channels all fine as i know from reading other threads people use hd channel coverage as a signal strength guide.i will check all dish connections again just for the fact that it only happens in heavy rain or bad winds same dish was fine in all weather conditions at my old house,thanks for the reply as im not that tech on freq etc.wasnt sure if 62% was a good enough signal or not thanks again.

The signal strength will vary on all transponder frequencies. Each frequency will have a cluster of channels broadcast on it. You cannot save the set up on 11.217 or you would only get a few channels.

Last edited:
hi, about 6 months ago ,i had problems with no signal,when it was bad weather ,then just rain , no signal...problem was the dish needed adjusting..

hi if you get a freind to sit next to your tv , he can watch the signal strength move up and down whilst you adjust the dish, i had the same problem with my blade but the good thing is you have the signal strength finder in the settings. it only takes a minor adjustment, mine is running on 82% quality and my pictures are perfect hope this helps..

got a signal on my dish of level 85% and quality of 80% no problems at all here with the weather,so maybe a slight dish allignment required to up your signal.it only needs a fraction of adjustment to up the signal. 1 person watch the signal strength on the tv and the other doing the adjustment.

its fixed now,had to bring the dish down and but stronger bolts in2 the wall, as my dish was just about down

Back