Blade BM5000s 7 Day EPG

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

Just a quick update, a file was released this weekend with the 7 day EPG but it had a few bugs.

So it's not being posted until it's fully up and running.

So at least we know they are working on it and it should be with us at some point. (y)

Hi,

Just a quick update, a file was released this weekend with the 7 day EPG but it had a few bugs.

So it's not being posted until it's fully up and running.

So at least we know they are working on it and it should be with us at some point. (y)

Thanks for the update Bees, hopefully it will be sorted soon

there's a firmware release on their homepage under the support tab - BM5000s January 26 2014 - All Languages - Application Only.

Changelog:-

- Added first version of 7 day EPG Download function. More functions coming soon.

- Press EPG > EPG Download. EPG will download and save to attached USB device.

- Improved picture quality on HD channels.

- Improved Blind Scan sensitivity

- Improved Power Save Standby Mode, now very low eco-watt.

View attachment 10881

if any one is interested !!

before you install, there's no 9991 option. MY bad :( was to quick to upload!!

Last edited:
there's a firmware release on their homepage under the support tab - BM5000s January 26 2014 - All Languages - Application Only.

Changelog:-

- Added first version of 7 day EPG Download function. More functions coming soon.

- Press EPG > EPG Download. EPG will download and save to attached USB device.

- Improved picture quality on HD channels.

- Improved Blind Scan sensitivity

- Improved Power Save Standby Mode, now very low eco-watt.

View attachment 10881

if any one is interested !!

before you install, there's no 9991 option. MY bad :( was to quick to upload!!

Take it this means the line will not work after the install? as there is no 9991 option

Yes, thats right, if there is no 9991 option you won't be able to enter your line details.

I might put it on my box to see how it's working, and check if the one button timer recording function is working,just out of interest.

The 9991 firmware in the downloads will still load back on.

Last edited:
ill be interested to know your views on the new firmware esp the 7 day epg, hopefully the 9991 option will be along soon

Last edited:
I loaded the official update onto my box, just to be nosy lol

This is what I found.

The 7 day EPG downloads to the box pretty quickly, I was impressed with the speed to be honest.

You will need to leave a USB stick in the box for it to work.

You get a full 7 Day EPG, no gaps between programs.

If you change between the days, the info is there straight away.

There is no extra detail on the programs, just a straight forward program list with times.
(the extra program detail never worked properly anyway on the BM7000s).

Timer record function is easy to use, seems to be working fine.

Recordings play back no problem.

It hasn't got the 9991 as it is official so it loads the original firmware release
with the extra EPG feature.

If the 9991 version turns out to be the same as the official release,
I certainly won't have any complaints about what I have bought.

Last edited:
excellent Bee's, how long till the update for 9991 do you think, I'm thinking of buying another BM5000s asap

Dunno mate, as I said one was released with a few bugs last weekend but it wasn't to me.

I don't suppose it will be that long as the problems have been reported back, but I haven't
got any firm dates.

I have been told I will get a copy of the working file when it is released, and I will post
some instructions for updating and recording and also put the files in the download section
when I have had a chance to load it an give it a quick once over.

Hi lads,

I have a BM5000s for the last 2 years and love it, just setting another up a new BM5000s for a buddy here and I have reloaded the latest firmware twice connected to the internet confirmed that the C code is correct (tried it on my BM5000s) and I'm still getting scrambled service when I try to access the pay channels. Driving me mad, any ideas beyond what I have tried?
Many thanks for reading.

Con

Back