Blade BM5000s in reboot loop after firmware update

Hi everyone new member here who rushed into flashing my new box. I seem to have the same problem . But I'm having difficulty downloading the new patched firmware. If any one could help out it would be much appreciated . Thanks stitch

hi, im new to blade and i have somehow managed to get myself into this reboot loop mess :( can you please help me figure out how the rs232 cable will work. i know nothing about it. can i do it from a laptop and connect it to the box and flash it that way?

---------- Post Merged at 10:16 PM ----------

hi, im new to blade and i have somehow managed to get myself into this reboot loop mess :( can you please help me figure out how the rs232 cable will work. i know nothing about it. can i do it from a laptop and connect it to the box and flash it that way?

---------- Post Merged at 10:15 PM ----------

It's pretty clear on the blade website:

VERY IMPORTANT: It is VERY IMPORTANT to flash a brand new factory box with FULL flash. Only the FULL flash contains all components of the firmware. After this time, the APP ONLY can be used, which does not overwrite any user settings. Failure to do so may prevent the box from booting correctly. Please read the readme.txt file in the below downloads regarding upgrading channel files.

Also, please note that it is unsafe and may risk your box to downgrade to older firmware after upgrading to newer firmware. In short, do not go backwards to older firmware.

So if you have a brand new box use only the latest full firmware dated 7/7/14. Don't use any old firmware or the app-only on a brand new box.

Its also pretty clear to say that once you have put the very latest firmware on it then you shouldn't go back to an older one.

Just for shits and giggles I just flashed my box with hypertrm using an old null modem cable (remember them, lads?.. brings a tear to your eye)

It's pretty easy. I just tried it with their Nova Updater and that was even easier.. just like old SV days haha

I would suggest if you have a bootloop then flash the official 7/7/14 software on it using rs232 then flash the very latest 9991 .

Its nay drama. your box is fine.

Back