Blade bm7000-s anybody recommend?

flump1970

I am the not so proud owner of a starview7 doorstop and was thinking of getting a blade bm7000-s, can anyone tell me if theyre any good? and is it as straight forward as the starpoo regarding the loading of files and such? any help/advice greatly appreciated.:cheesy grin:

Come on guys & gals? 12 hours & not 1 reply? somebody must own 1 of these? i dont wanna make same mistake i did when i bought that other brick?

Not my work, (Gadgetfiend.)

New Box Blade Media BM7000HD

Ive been testing the new blade media bm7000hd FTA satellite box now for a while and i have to say i totally love it, and after trialling third party modified firmware with it all i can say is it can only get better. To start with its a very elegant little black box with 3 gun metal varying size circular buttons and a neon blue style display, nice ergonomic black remote control with a host of functioning buttons. Very simplistic set up and channel scanning process tested on a single and a motorized dish. If i'm totally honest the user interface is really basic but i have heard the unofficial f/w developers are working on this issue and f/w will be released soon to make this even more desirable since one of the main things they are working towards i'm told is a 7 day epg for a certain provider.
Favourites are programmable to suit the users own tastes and can be quite time consuming but not for one minute difficult, Once this box is in the mainstream then user channel databases will also be available and will be easily programmable just like the firmware its via usb flash drive, pc to rs232 and also box to box transfer, also future f/w updates will also incorporate autosort functions i'm told. An excellent function of this unit and one that after using for a while i somehow cant live without,is it will play xvid and mkv files straight off the bat with no converting needed either by using a usb flashdrive or portable hdd and using either also turns this machine into a single tuner pvr. These are very welcome features especially to watch downloads on the telly quickly.
Watching HD with this little unit is also a pleasure and i cant fault that side of it at all and it is full 1080p unlike a lot of others on the market, i'm really enjoying the hd side of it especially when watching sports, and for the interested this unit is 3D ready. Now why should anyone want to buy this HD satellite box i hear you ask well i assume most of you reading this are already aware but if not let me just say that the available 3rd party unofficial firmware when flashed gives this unit the ability to enter your own cccam or newcamd information easily by using the remote control to enable its use with the so called satellite cardsharing phenomenon going around. There's no need for ftp'ing into the box and you can switch between a multitude of c-lines easily if you need to. To summarize its a very nice HD satellite box and more so a very viable alternative to other more expensive units on the market, here's some technical info and a link.

Features:
·
· DVB-S2 Satellite Compliant ( MPEG-4/ H.264)
· Output: 576p & 576i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 3D
· 1 Smart Card Reader & 1 Common Interface
· HDMI & Component Output (YPbPr) with Upscaler to Improve Picture Quality
· 10,000 TV & Radio Channels
· USB2.0 PVR Ready via external HDD or USB Flash Drive (memory stick) with Time shift, Record & Playback functions
· MP3 player and JPEG viewer via external HDD or USB Flash Drive (memory stick)
· Software & Channel List download via USB 2.0
· Blue Glow Front Panel Display
· Sensitive Tuner
· Less than 1 second channel change
· Dolby Digital Optical S/PDIF
· DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 (USALS) compatible
· Auto Navigation system – select as many satellites as you want to search
· On-screen display with true full color resolution
· Enhanced 16 Favorite channel groups
· Channel control by: Favorites, Lock, Skip, Move & Delete
· Channel sort by: All, Alphabet, Transponder & CAS
· Multilingual OSD Menu: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Arabic, Russian, Persian
· Extended EPG and program reservation on EPG
· Teletext & Subtitle by OSD and VBI
· Last channel memory function
· Factory default channel list
· Various games
· Software & channel list upgrade via RS-232C: PC to STB, STB to PC, STB-STB and USB
· Parental, Installation & Receiver Lock
· Zoom function on Pause & Live channel
· Multi picture display
· Support for multiple language broadcasts
· SCPC & MCPC receivable from C/Ku band satellites LNBs supported: Universal, Single, Single S & C band wideband LNBs
· Multi TV Standards supported: PAL G, I, K, M
· 4:3 & 16:9 Screen Formats
· 90-250V AC 50/60 Hz
· LNB Short Circuit protection onboard
· 2 Scarts & S-Video and LAN port
· Dimension 390x272x70 mm

Tech Info:

· TUNER & CHANNEL Satellite Input connector F-type, IEC 169-24, female

· Loop through connector F-type, IEC 169-24, female

· Frequency range 950 MHz ~ 2150 MHz

· Input impedance 75***937; unbalance

· Signal level -25 to -69dBm

· LNB power & Polarization 14V/18.5V, Max. 400mA

· 22 KHz tone (22±2)KHz, (0.6±0.2)V

· DISEqC control Version 1.0 &1.2 Compatible, USALS

· Demodulation QPSK, 8PSK

· Input symbol rate DVB-S: 1 ~ 45 Ms/sDVB-S2: 10 ~ 30Msps (QPSK,8PSK)

· FEC decode DVB-S: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8DVB-S2:1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10 (QPSK).3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10 (8PSK)

· MPEG Transport Stream & A/V Decoding Transport stream MPEG-II ISO/IEC 13818

· Profile level MPEG-II MP@ML, MPEG-IIMP@HL, MPEG-IV AVC/ H.264 HP@L4.0

· Input rate Max. 15Mbit/s

· Video formats 4:3 Letterbox, 4:3 Pan & Scan, 16:9

· Video resolution 720 x 576, 720 x 480, 1920 x 1080i, 1280 x 720Pm and 1080p Full HD

· Audio decoding MPEG/ Musicam Layer ***8544;&***8545;

· Audio mode Stereo/ Joint stereo/ Mono

· Sampling rate 32KHz, 44.1KHz and 48KHz

· Main System Main processor 32 bit super scalar RISC CPU

· Memory Flash-Rom: 64MbitDDR DRAM: 512MbitEEPROM: 256Kbit

· Conditional Access Interface PCMCIA 2 Slot (DVB Common Interface Standard)

· Smart Card Reader 1Slot

· A/V In/Out TV SCART Video output (CVBS,RGB) · Audio output (L,R)

· VCR SCART A/V output (CVBS, L/R)A/V input (CVBS, RGB, L/R)

· Video RCA/ Cinch, Video output (CVBS)Component output (YPbPr)HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface)S-Video

· Audio L/R RCA/ Cinch, Volume and Mute control

· S/PDIF Optical digital audio output

· Data Port RS-232C Transfer rate 115Kbps, 9 pin D-sub type

· USB USB 2.0 Host (Support 1 USB Port on Rear Panel )

· LAN Port for connecting to the internet

· Power Supply Input voltage AC100-250V, 50/60Hz

· Type SMPS (Switching Mode Power Supply)

· Power consumption Max. 55W

· Protection Separate Internal Fuse (The input have lightning protection)

· General Data Dimensions (W x D x H) 335 x 247 x 58.5 mm

· Weight ca 3,500 g

· Operating temperature 0°C ~ +45°C

· Storage temperature -10°C ~ +70°C

Attachments

• BM7000s_User_Manual.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 106
thanks alot hiteck much appreciated mate. sorry to be a pain but ive only recently found out these kind of boxes even existed ( probably why i bought a starview?) lol can you tell me what are the cccam & newcamd? and are these easily found/installed? thanks again.

I uploaded a user manual for you, everything should be explained in that, just recheck the post above yours to download it.

Was thinking of getting a HD sat box myself, went for an openbox, but these BLADE things look nice as well. Saw somewhere that it is connected to the EUROVOX manufacturers so that kinda put me off !! At least for now.

Are eurovox no good then? i really dont wanna make the same mistake i did with my 1st box. otherwise looks like a great box for the price?

I was only thinking of the Eurovox experience on the cable end of things, it does look like a nice box and a lot of people seem to be happy with them, don't let me put you off!!!

I went for the cheapest HD box that was out there, and if that was not out there I would probably go for the Blade!!

cheers SG8 i like the look of the blade mate but the sat side of things is really confusing me, it was really easy setting up the starview, but aint gotta clue when it comes to cccams and what not? lol also do you need a card in these sat boxes like the original sub card or not? would you mind if i P.Md you mate? certain questions i think best not asked on public forums. cheers.

Bought one of these last week. Got to say picture quality is pin sharp. It is a doddle to set up even for a complete greenhorn to sat boxes like me. It does however need an EPG worth talking about.

sounds good mog, im struggling getting my head round these clines? do you need one? and can i ask where you got yours if you do? cheers mate.

cline is basically the login for your box to the server you are connecting to. it becomes obvious once you subscribe and most providers will do a guide for you. wont post links on here but use google and you will find some from about £6 a month.

nice one mog, im sure ive seen an epg file you can upload onto these boxes? apparently the blade has quite a few extras you can put on it? but what do i know, i bought one of them boxes which i will never mention the name of ever again lol

well ! well ! can an old goat of 70 get on the wagon, fed up, paying you know who for repeats, i have saved some dosh from my pension, to get me started on the blade run,
i havent got a clue how to start, but willing to stir some of the last cells in the old nogging,
ive got a rough idea what its all about , but need to have it put in 1, do this, 2, do that,
should i have a go, or go quietly go into the sunset, i dont mind if you say, silly old goat move on.
many thanks for reading
johnviv.

Box ordered when i get home after christmas the fun begins trying to set it up with log in stuff etc for good EPG do I just need the most up to date FW?

Fubar, for all your needs, the latest firmware is the is the best option, just holler and we shall all help you out.

Fubar, for all your needs, the latest firmware is the is the best option, just holler and we shall all help you out.

cheers mucker much appreciated I need to get myself sorted with some sort of a user name password thing I believe I see that such recommendations are not given out openly :( are there any key words I can use to search on google to get the best one though?

Back