Blade BM7000s software - 11 APRIL 2011

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
you must download latest channel list (from "blade online" which you can access in the menu) to get the 7 day epg...

This has the 9991 option ;)

Blade BM7000s software - 11 APRIL 2011

Latest stable version for the Blade Media BM7000s - Downloads - TechKings

Mega-Update, with many new powerful functions:

1. 7 Day EPG: Box is now compatible with 7 Day/PVR EPG streams in Europe and Middle East.

2. FAV Group navigation: Now you can use << and >> in Channel List mode to change thru FAV Groups.

3. Blade Online - Now you can download channel files online, without using USB stick.

4. Timeshift Mode added - Select in MENU>UTILS>DISK MANAGER>Auto Timeshift.

5. User Online Update added - User can now add their own online update function:-

MENU>SYSTEM SETTINGS>IP SETTINGS>BLUE (Firmware Update)>BLUE (Edit) - User can now either add IP address or URL of their Blade Stream Media Server. See section below about setting up Blade Stream.

6. Media Player:-

Press PLAY or F1 to start player (as before).

Now users can stream from their PC or another PC across internet as well as normal USB. To set up streaming from PC use Blade Stream software (see section below about setting up Blade Stream software).

7. NTSC Mode added.

8. Increased media file compatibility for playback.

9. Small bug fixes.

BLADE STREAM
------------

Blade Stream is very powerful software that runs on any Windows PC which will allow a BM7000s to connect direcly to that PC and stream movies, or download firmware or channel data files directly.

The software does not need any install. It is available at Blade Media in the support pages.

1. Simply unzip Blade Stream folder to desktop (or your chosen location) and run BLADE Stream.exe

2. Windows Firewall will ask you to allow access - say YES.

3. Next, on Blade Stream, click '...' button to browse to your media and channel file (.CDF) folder and click OK. Blade Stream will now minimise to the taskbar and is now ready to stream.

4. On your Blade Receiver, press PLAY (or F1) on the remote and press YELLOW to ADD OR SELECT SOURCE. Press Blue button to ADD or CONNECT. Here you type the local IP address of the PC that you just put the Blade Stream software on, for example 192.168.1.3 etc.

Once you enter this and press OK you will see the directory list of your media folder. Now you can play any movie from your PC just by selecting it, or load any firmware or channel files in the list.

For streaming across the internet to a friend's receiver, do the following: When entering the new source (as above where you entered 192.168.1.3) you will put the external IP or URL of your friend's PC, eg. 93.12.145.76 or myfriend.dynalis.com etc.

Your friend must also forward port 2008 in his router to his PC that is running Blade Stream.

Now you can watch media files from your friend's PC across the internet. Note: You will both need fast stable internet for this function, if it is not fast and stable it may make problems with the stability of your receiver. The serving PC can only stream one movie at a time. If a new selection is made it wil stop the first one and start the new one.

great stuff, I have one, you can't fault the picture but newer firmware that has it all in it needed, better EPG , streaming and CCCam

Hey just bought one of these beauties and wanted to download the latest unofficial firmware with the 9991 option so i'm wondering is the 1.22p firmware the most up to date? thanks

Hey just bought one of these beauties and wanted to download the latest unofficial firmware with the 9991 option so i'm wondering is the 1.22p firmware the most up to date? thanks

Yes it is, new one out very soon with youtube streaming option.

I have followed the above directions flawlessly ... no matter what I do the blade box will not connect to my PC.... :-(

Can only assume you wish to connect box to PC is to make your own channel list as firmware can be installed via USB (Menu--Utilities--Download)

Connect PC to box, USB to RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable COM DB 9 Pin Lead is what I use on O/S 8.1 unsure with windows 10

I was under the impression that the box could connect to a laptop via the home router (that's why the ip address of the laptop is needed)....

think it would easier to use a pen drive to transfer the videos onto and plug it into the blade...

Back