Blade media 5000

bounder

Hi,had a blade media 7000 for a good while.Although a good receiver I was never keen on the actual layout for this receiver.The graphics always looked very outdated and could have done with a upgrade,which it never received.
However looking at the Blade Media 5000,the layout looks a lot more stylish and jazzy.
I have therefore decided to purchase a box,got a great deal on ebay.
Lets hope that the 7 day epg gets sorted soon and it will be a very good investment for the price!

Think the 7 day EPG will be along soon.

Don't have one myself (although seriously thinking about it for the bedroom) but Blade's website says that the first draft of 7 day epg firmware was released at the end of January.

It is unpatched.

I have tried it and it looks OK, but you can't get a line
in the box with official firmware.

As I said on another post, seriously thinking of getting one of these babys for the spare room. I called a dealer and they are selling it with 9991 and 7 day so the software must be out there somewhere.

If anyone has got one, is there a save function to be able to save the image and post it up here?

Yes, in the menu ( have a look at the pics in the tutorial)

You have the option to use "image back up" instead of "image upgrade".

Put in a pen drive and at the top of the screen you can change the options to dump the firmware, channel list, apps or all (which I guess will include your line details from the config file)

It can be done that way, if you just dump the firmware to USB.

Unfortunately I haven't got the 7 Day EPG version with 9991 or I could have done it :damn:

Last edited:
Back