Blade Media 8000

Hi everyone.
i am a bit new to all this just come away from kryptview 780.
with all your help have managed to get my blade 8000 working on vm cable.
today connected a satelite feed to the box and have lost all vm channels??
Any ideas? I thought on this box you could use both vm and sly
any help appreciated

Blade 8000 probs

not impressed with the 8000 menu and set up... unlike the 5000
i've managed to get the 9991 option and Nclne not connecting,have no channel list either just satellite lists
.. do i need extra more firmware? ANYONE out there that can help !!

hi guys, recently bought a BM8000 combo and want to connect to CABLE, so which port is it I use on the back? is it the one that says "ANT-IN" and do I need some other adapter for that port? whats it called pls?

Also I read somewhere there was a issue with the firmware when scanning for T2 Cable, so has this been resolved now? and I think the latest patched firmware is May 2015, is that correct?

I must say the menu options look so much different and cheap on the BM8000 when you compare it to the BM7000s

Cheers.

ANT-IN is correct, adaptor is needed, F Connector to male coax (ebay 170975159376)

Was playing with a BM8000 recently it had 15/04/15 on it scanned T2 OK but a nightmare for T2 channel list, installed sat channel list from BM 7000 then Auto scanned T2 (T2 Power scan deleted Sat list)

Forget about trying to use a Sat/VM channel list from ndf to DBM for the BM8000 it works for Sat but not VM, if BM allowed ndf instead of DBM for channel lists it would be a better box.

@lac

Many thanks for the response, really appreciated.

Not had proper chance to use my BM8000 yet (£109), but I noticed the BM7000s are still selling for £150 in shops.

@lac

Many thanks for the response, really appreciated.

Not had proper chance to use my BM8000 yet (£109), but I noticed the BM7000s are still selling for £150 in shops.

I have the bm7000 using oct2012 firmware and it has to be the best box I have ever had, Never had a problem with it maybe that's why they are still retailing at £150

hi guys, I have a BM8000 combo, sat side of things works perfect, no issues.

When I try to scan with tunner 2 for cable, finds no channel, but I can see signal strength is around 89% on top left (I have the 15/04/15 firmware). So do I need to change anything on T2 scan, for example Frequency or other stuff there?

Also when I try the blade online that was yesterday it couldn't connect.

Any help/advise appreciated. Cheers.

A Power Scan is needed to pick up T2's TPs

The last one I did, wait for it .lol
T2 Power Scan for TPs it also picks up channels
Uploaded Sat list from PC, which deletes previous Power Scan channels but leaves TPs, T2 Auto Scan them picks up channels but not in order.(hope this makes sense.

hi, got both tuners (sky & virgin) working on my BM8000, all HD channels are clearing on virgin which is great.

My question is, I seem to be missing some channels on Virgin, I just did a "PowerScan" and didn't change anything like Frequency, QAM, FEC, Symbol Rate, so do I need to change any of these settings to reflect my area or does the BM8000 do a blind scan anyway to pickup all transponders and channels?

Cheers.

Symbol Rate (S/R) is your area (6952, 6887), reduce the step on the Power Scan from 8 to 4 if need be, the scan will take a longer period of time.

Posting your area/channels missing others maybe able to post TPs to enable manual scan.

@lac
Thanks for that, will give it a go sometime, I have most virgin channels but only between 4/5 are missing.
Im in Manchester so I think Symbol Rate will be 6952 for me...cheers

BT 1-2 HD BT Spt//ESPN & BT Spt Euro HD all use 11385 (V) S/R 29500

Gold +1 = 11523 (H) S/R 22000

Wrong S/R posteed

Last edited:
Hi guys, my BM8000 is working great, just got following problems if anyone can advise/help please :-)

1) Cant find History Channel HD on Cable (tuner2), got all other HD channels and working great, done power scan couple of times, got History SD, but not HD

2) Where is the option on the box to change the IDLE TIME, for example for the box to go sleep mode or power off after 2 hours etc, just like it had on the BM7000s

Other than that, BOTH my tuners are working great (sky & cable), very impressed with BM8000, I previously had BM7000s for over 4+ years.

@lac
Many thanks for your help last month in getting tuner 2 to work, as I really struggled with this, but working great now...cheers

I) No History HD on VM
2) Have never used it, Menu,Time Settings, Wake Up/Sleep Mode maybe what your after

thanks again mate, appreciate it.
but wake up/sleep mode isn't what im after, that feature which was on bm7000s doesn't seem to be on bm8000, but hey its not end of the world :-)

can you get the BT Ultra channel on sky or virgin platform? noticed on posters, anyone know frequency pls? cheers

EDITED: its ok, found out you can only get this channel through a BT box, supposed to be a 4K channel for 4K TV's and not available on sky or cable platforms yet

Last edited:
does anyone know if a M3U file will work on BM8000 for IPTV?

Update: found out and used couple, so it works :-)

Last edited:
hi, does anyone know which wifi dongle will work on a BM8000 pls? ebay link perhaps! cheers

and does anyone know which frequencies are for the BT XD channels (red button) on Sly. cheers

Back