Blade Media 8000

I've had a Blade 8000 combo for a couple of days. At first I was very impressed, plugged all the cables in, flashed with the 9991 firmware.(150415). Power scanned Tuner 2. All the channels came up no problem. Went to bed very happy. Got up the next morning and nearly all the channels on the cable side weren't clearing apart from a couple of SD FTA channels.Checked my line was connected,and upstairs Zgemma was working (same sub). Proceded to do a factory reset via the on screen menu,then Power scan T2 again. No joy. Tried a number of times after deleting channels,reloading the firmware,using older firmware. The box won't even go to the Engineers menu by holding down the "Menu" button on the front pannel,whilst powering on with the rear switch. There is no option in the Tuner 2 scan that allows you to manually add your Net ID ect and symbol rate. Anyone else had this problem with theirs?

Net ID not needed on Blade. Symbol Rate can be changed

Lost me a little if the channels were there but not clearing why delete the channels when it was a line problem.?
At a guess, if the box was turned off via main instead of remote channels may not have been saved.
Try a Power Scan it finds TPs then channels, then reboot.

Good luck

Hi, I've just purchased a Blade box BM8000 and need a little help setting it up. This is my first time in doing this and I'm not so technically astute when it comes to these things so understanding some of the tech speak isn't quite my forte. Can you help me get the right firmware and get set up.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Back