Blade media bm7000 Wireless ???

bees

VIP Member
Hi

Got my blade working fine at home.

I am wondering has anyone run this off a wireless network ?

Basically what I mean is using it in a caravan.

As far as I can tell I have the option of paying for access to a wireless network
on site and accessing it using a laptop, then using a network cable to hook up to
a blade box.

Or using a wireless dongle in the laptop and doing the same set up.

A wireless dongle would be better in terms of being able to use it at any
site.

Has anyone done this ?

Would I have any issues with my cline and using it on other networks
than just my home one ?

Or is there better ways to set this up ?

Thanks for any help, sorry for having to admit I am a caravaner ROFL

Bees

Hi there, I run it off a wireless network myself and have had no problem as of yet. You need a wireless bridge that you pre configure on your laptop/computer then plug it in, prob is that it uses your usb slot for power. I then got a wireless extender instead. Its got its own power source. Works perfect all the same.

Thanks jrabkid is the bridge so I don't loose signal from the sites internet ?

Don't think the usb slot would be a big problem laptop got about 4,
and would only be using it to run the box while on hols.

Do you then just run a network cable between your computer and blade.

Sorry for soundinga bit thick but only set up the box for home use before and cabling
was straight forward.

Bees

If I've got your right the wireless bridge will work on its own without the need for your laptop. You would hook it into your usb and ethernet port on your laptop initially to configure it aka put in the wireless name and password belonging to the site your on. then when fully configured it will keep the settings so all you do it plug it into the usb port of your blade and the same with the ethernet and give it a few seconds and it will work as if you have a lan cable hooked up to it. You shouldn't have any problems with cline as that what I use myself with no lag or issues.

OK thanks,

That has sorted a few things out on how to set it up, I think
I would be able to sort that out, any particular WIFI bridge you
would recommend ?

Also, has anyone tried using a pay as you go dongle ?

Most seem to go for the "Vonets" wireless bridge mate, seems to be the most popular. As for a p&g dongle, I havant used one but I work with computers on a daily basis, they shouldn't work in theory due to them needing you to install their software and click connect on them. The blade doesn't have these features and as far as im aware no other box does either (correct me if im wrong here anyone)

I brought a vonets wif bridge adaptor and it kept loosing connection for my box and the routet was up stairs and the bix was downatairs so i sent mine strate back to the shop and got my money back, the next best thing to a ethernet wire is Homeplugs they allow you to run wifi through your plugs in your home with no drop out connection. Look for 200mbps ones you would need two of them one to connect to the router otha to vonect to you box via a ethernet wire and they both also need to be plugged into your mains sockets on your wall

The problem here is home plugs wont work as hes not at home, hes on a camping/caravan site therefore not possible. Yes home plugs would be the better thing for the job but I was working on his situation not just in general.

I said the next best thing to a ethernet connection would be homeplugs i never told hin to buy them i just made him aware of other processes for connection and yes wifi bridge dongles are a waste of time most of the time in a house so if hes in a caravan it would be even worser. Try the wifi bridge adaptor and if you get on good with it and no drop out connection then your all good.

Last edited:
Hmm... fair enough thats your opinion. All im saying is that they do work. Maybe not for everyone, but in my case they work through 2 stone walls in an oldish house. If it works without lag through stone walls then they can't be that bad. Some may have had problems like yourself but to brand something "a waste of time" is a bit harsh unless properly tested.

Wel like you said im allowed my opinion and my opinion is there are a waste of time from my experience with a blade bm7000s and a starview hd combo plus lan boxe, also good for you if it worked lol it dont affect me what you think and this is a forum for people to share there opinions from experience just like i am doing so other people can build there knowledge up and find as much info as they can on things they ask on this forum.

lol, whatever floats your boat. I wasn't dissing your comment I was just saying. There is more than one side to everything. And poor you on your fruitless efforts of not being able to get them to work. As the saying goes a good workman never blames his tools. :)

Bees as skyla said good luck and hope you can try a few options to see what works best for you. As I said in the first post you also have the option of going for a wireless extender like netgears wn2000rpt. It takes your wireless signal and boosts it, but it also acts as a bridge so you can hook ethernet directly to your blade. It will also require a normal wall socket plug. They are more expensive than the vonets but do have loads more features and worth every penny.

Theres nothing to diss lol what are you talking about i think you have seriously lost the plot jrabkid lol really, good look with you and your vonets wifi bridge adaptor i think you should put a massive sign up outside with a pic of your face and you saying i jrabkid have a vonets wifi bridge adaptor lol good luck to you to jrabkid hope you have a bright future and lots of fun with your vonets wifi bridge adaptor your so lucky wow, bees get jabrakid to come down and do a diagnostics down yours with his tools 

Last edited:
You guys are free to discuss differing viewpoints and opinions, however it will be kept civil and on topic.

I bridged the connection through my laptop. The only downside is laptop must be on during connection. Also my internet is quite slow at peak times therefore i get quite a few pauses when viewing

Ok thanks for the help, I will try a WIFI bridge and post back how I got on.

Anyone tried a pay as you go wireless dongle i have heard they are slower
so was wondering if picture will stutter or break up

Back