1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade media bm8000 combo with 9991

Discussion in 'Blade Media BM8000 Combo' started by kid_warrior, Dec 12, 2016.

1. kid_warrior

kid_warrior Member

Enjoy........

Blade media bm8000 combo with 9991

Attached Files:

2. chrispchris

chrispchris Member

Thank you

3. ka5hm1r

ka5hm1r Member

Thank you

4. flex786

flex786 Member

can anyone point me in the direction of a tut or instructions how to set this up from scratch on VM please?.

thanks

5. dave100

dave100 TK Veteran

6. flex786

flex786 Member

7. dave100

dave100 TK Veteran

8. flex786

flex786 Member

I have tried it in that, all that comes up on the screen is "No or Bad Signal". Any ideas?. Do I need to scan for channels?.

thnx

9. flex786

flex786 Member

10. dave100

dave100 TK Veteran

yes you need to scan for channels ;)

flex786 likes this.
  11. flex786

flex786 Member

Thanks Dave, still getting nothing. I havnt entered a line yet but assuming i still should get the FTA channels. Even they are blank.

Im going .... MENU > INSTALLATION > TUNER 2 SCAN >
    From here the settings are
    Scan Mode > Power Scan
    Frequency > 150.0 MHz
    Symbol Rate > 6.944 MS/s
    Step > 8.0

What am i doing wrong. I have the VM lead in the right place with the adaptor and can get 9991 channel so i know the FW is patched even if it is old.
    I just trying to get FTA before I start putting in N lines etc. I have read somewhere about a channel list, do i need this and how?

all your help is gratefully appreaciated.

thanks

12. dave100

dave100 TK Veteran

you need to scan tuner 1 your scanning for sat channels
    you may not have the correct f/w installed

13. flex786

flex786 Member

I am scanning tuner 2 which I am assuming is for VM. I have connected my VM line.

I have scanned using a diffferent Symbol Rate and it is now finding TV and Radio channels. Still scanning at the minute so not sure if the channels will display. Is there a different firmware for VM??. Where can I get this from?.

thnx

14. dave100

dave100 TK Veteran

also your box may be sat and terrestrial if that is the case you will not receive cable channels :(

15. flex786

flex786 Member

it has now found channels on Tuner 2 which I have the VM ones. It has ID2 channel which i think is VM only. it has even got the EPG for some channels but i am getting "Channel Scrambled" message instead of no video signal error as before. How would I check if this supports cable. It is the BM8000 Combo

16. dave100

dave100 TK Veteran

try channels 1-5 there the only free channels on vm

17. dave100

dave100 TK Veteran

Also look on google images to identify your box there is a sat/cable & a sat/terrestrial :thumbsup:

18. flex786

flex786 Member

right Dave...thnx to you im almost there!! :)
    I have entered my line details and getting all the "gift" channels. However everything is all over the place. How do i get some organisation to the channels. Is there a VM channel list anywhere?. when i press group i can see the sat channels also. Any way of removing these and just having a list of VM channels?.

thnx

19. dave100

dave100 TK Veteran

20. flex786

flex786 Member

thanks Dave. Is there a tut or guide on how to use the DBMEdit software. Cant seem to find a way to import the current list to change it all around.