Blade Media multi recording

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to blade media. I have recently got a blade media 7000s box and I'm looking at setting up for recording. I got an external hard drive which I've plugged in and formatted. It works ok at recording the channel I'm watching but it will not record something on a different channel or record when it is on standby even when the timer is set. I'm a little confused after already reading different forums. I've read on the blade media site itself that you can record 2 channels while watching a third but I simple can not work out to do this. On other forums it says it can only do what it is doing as its only a single tuner, but why would blade media say it can do it when its not.

Any ideas on setting up multi channel recording?

Many thanks

Hi,

You can record a programme and watch another to a limited extent.

Any TP (Transponder) you record on usually delivers about
half a dozen channels. So you can watch one on the same TP
as you record, apparently, although it's not something I have
bothered trying out.

How you are supposed to know what channel group each TP delivers is beyond
me. I just assume as the choice is limited it won't be something i'm interested in anyway lol

It is a single tuner box, hence only one coax going into the
back of the box, twin tuners have two, allowing you to record one programme
and watch another.

Don't know why blade site has that info on it.

I would be more bothered about the timer recording issue.

Have you tried reflashing it. Save your line details first !

The latest file is here

Last edited:
i've worked out that you can record 2 channels that are on now by flicking through channels but still cant figure out the timer. I've tried alsorts of different options recording 1 program and leaving box on, i've tried recording 1 channel with box on standby but it is just not working. Dont really want to mess with box as I didn't set it up.

Any more ideas?

You can find out what other channels are on the same transponder by pressing the RED button (sorting) to go to the TP tab, when in the channel list screen.

As for recording, just go to the EPG Grid screen and highlight the program you want to record and press the record button. Simplez.

the box will let you flick through the channels on same transponder anyway, you will soon find out which is not as the box will ask you if you want to stop recording to switch to other channel (transponder)

be aware

i bought a code to unlock my blade box from a e bay buyer who goes under the user id of hd-sat,it cost £30, the code was invalid and did not work .tried to get refund with no response from him .he is a con man ,he has removed his stuff from ebay ,beware of dealing with him.

Back