blade setup help needed

padder

Hi, I've got my BM5000s today, plugged in and followed the set up guide which went fine past the point where I install the ssu file and it reboots but then when I go to get the channel list from the "Blade Online" option it is blank. I'm definitely connecting to the internet as I can view youtube videos. Any ideas?

Hi, I've got my BM5000s today, plugged in and followed the set up guide which went fine past the point where I install the ssu file and it reboots but then when I go to get the channel list from the "Blade Online" option it is blank. I'm definitely connecting to the internet as I can view youtube videos. Any ideas?

Hi my box is set up and running fine but today I get the same blank screen when i go to blade online so i think it must be a fault at their end.

Thanks. Does that mean I can't use the box until I can get onto Blade Online? TBH I'm confused by what I'm supposed to be doing here. When I look in the satellite options menu I seem to be seeing 4 satellites - Turksat 2a/3a, Hotbird, Eutelsat W3 and Astra 1H/KR/L/M. Is taht right. Do I need to select one of them? I've done a scan on the astra one (presume that is SKY?) and I just get a few channels which mainly are E4 and Channel 4 + 1. Really confused here. if I can get on Blade Online will that give me access to all of the channels?

HELP!

All I did was follow the instructions on the tutorial mate. Fairly simple and all went well. Didnt have to bother with selecting satellite etc.

I done a box last night and had the same problem.

You have just tried to load the 7 day EPG firmware.

I only realised last night that you need to load the firmware in the first tutorial, search for channels and put in your line.

Then you need to upgrade the firmware to the 7 day EPG version.

It has to be done in two stages, it can't just be done in one step.

I done a box last night and had the same problem.

You have just tried to load the 7 day EPG firmware.

I only realised last night that you need to load the firmware in the first tutorial, search for channels and put in your line.

Then you need to upgrade the firmware to the 7 day EPG version.

It has to be done in two stages, it can't just be done in one step.
I've just tried to follow the tutorial for setting it up. Loaded the firmware and it re booted but nothing showng on the blade online page. Haven;t done anything with the epg firmware

Check you are trying to load the correct firmware it is here

Check the release dates.

I guess their server must be down at the mo, I cant get the online menu.

You could try doing an automatic sat scan on Turksat 2a/3a.

Another thing you could try if you have definitely got the correct firmware

Skip the blade online part, load the config file.
Press Menu then 9991 and enter your line.

Then do a scan on the Eutelsat.

Last edited:
Am I not seeing any channels because I can't access the channel list?

---------- Post Merged at 10:05 PM ----------

Check you are trying to load the correct firmware it is here

Check the release dates.

I guess their server must be down at the mo, I cant get the online menu.

You could try doing an automatic sat scan on Turksat 2a/3a.

That's the firmware I used. I've done the auto scan on turksat and it found nothing. Should it?

Should I be seeing scrambled channels even though I can't access them? Just worried I have a faulty box

Ok, I have put a channel list in the downloads from my box here

Download - Unzip - Load to the box like normal

then carry on with the tutorial

If this doesn't work you may have to wait until their site comes back up as I can't think of anything else you could do.

Have you uploaded the config file and pressed menu - 9991 ?

You should get the screen up to enter your line even without the channel list loaded.

Ok, I have put a channel list in the downloads from my box here

Download - Unzip - Load to the box like normal

then carry on with the tutorial

If this doesn't work you may have to wait until their site comes back up as I can't think of anything else you could do.

Have you uploaded the config file and pressed menu - 9991 ?

You should get the screen up to enter your line even without the channel list loaded.
Cheers. I seem to have the channels now so will continue with the tutorial. thanks a lot for your help

Did you try this too ?

For some reason the first firmware calls the 28.2E sat Eutelsat.

The 7 Day Epg calls it Turksat ?? No idea why.

Argh - it's now asking me for a passcode to do the update, which it wasn't asking for before I added the channels from your file. It isn;t working with 0000. Is this likely to be a code you have on your box?

Back