Blade5000 Sw march 9991 version

Galaxy

Latest sw release for the Blade5000 with black screen bug fix,

yes sorry,
download contains full flash (recomended) and upgrade flash(smaller file)
The full flash will do a complete over write of all details.

Galaxy.

Attachments

• 5000.rar
    8.1 MB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Thanks mate, will give it a whirl (y)

All up and running !!! Cool !!

Just for info, when you unzip you get two files.

An upgrade and a full flash.

I used the full flash, then download a new channel list from blade online.

The channel lists with an "N" are for the new firmware.

I loaded my line using the config file, then download the 7 Day EPG.

Just off out so will have a better look later

Last edited:
I've installed and my box crashed on a number of occasions when I was using the EPG as it did with the previous software. Disappointing but I hope the other issues are fixed

I've installed and my box crashed on a number of occasions when I was using the EPG as it did with the previous software. Disappointing but I hope the other issues are fixed

I might be wrong but this isnt an upgrade to the epg just the boxes main software

Some people where getting a "blank screen" or "no signal / tuner 1" message
when using the last 7 Day EPG firmware.

As far as I can tell a lot of the firmware has been re written hence the need
to use the channel list with the "N"(for new firmware) at the end to get rid of the problem mentioned above.

The new EPG has the programme "details / description" shown across the screen
like the BM7000s if you press the OK button on the remote.

Main thing is the bugs are fixed.

I might be wrong but this isnt an upgrade to the epg just the boxes main software
Didn't realise that. Wasn't it widely accepted that it was the EPG software causing most of the issues? Is that likely to be updated? I'm also having audio problems with it going out of sync

Try the "full re-flash", the bigger file,and load the new channel list, as I tried the official "upgrade" file without 9991 the other day
and my box crashed when I tried to download the 7 day EPG from blade online.

Try the "full re-flash", the bigger file,and load the new channel list, as I tried the official "upgrade" file without 9991 the other day
and my box crashed when I tried to download the 7 day EPG from blade online.
I've done all of that. I also followed your steps when doing it. Hopefully these are just minor glitches and the box is much better overall. Time will tell I guess

The box is new to the market and usually takes a few software attempts to get it perfect, essentially this is just beta testing it to see any bugs

New firmware working well so far and epg much better , a simple way to add a biss key is my only gripe .
Has anyone tried the blind scan it outperforms my DR HD BOX .
All in all its a good box at a good price.

ok...ive loaded the new firmware ( the big file ) .... still crashes.... when I click the blue button to switch to the genre ..if I scroll it right and go thro the genres when I get to all satellite it will crash If I scroll right again..... if I scroll it left and then get to eutelsat 28 it will crash if I scroll left again... so it seems it crashes when you get to each end of genres and try to keep scrolling
is anyone else having this problem and do you think it could be the brand of usb im using...im using a 32gb Kingston micro data traveller usb

update..ive also tried it on a 4gb verbatim usb and get the same problem as above so doubt its a usb problem....
the reason I thought it was a usb problem is when I take out the usb and scroll the genres It doesn't crash but I obviously don't get 7 day epg so defeats the purpose... also theres a genre called hidden when I take the usb out...with the usb in it will crash when trying to scroll to it, im sure the crash has something to do with that genre because it will only crash when it trys to scroll to the genre named hidden which is after the all satellite and before the eutelsat 28 genres

is there anyway the genre named hidden can be deleted to test if thats the problem

Last edited:
ok...ive loaded the new firmware ( the big file ) .... still crashes.... when I click the blue button to switch to the genre ..if I scroll it right and go thro the genres when I get to all satellite it will crash If I scroll right again..... if I scroll it left and then get to eutelsat 28 it will crash if I scroll left again... so it seems it crashes when you get to each end of genres and try to keep scrolling
is anyone else having this problem and do you think it could be the brand of usb im using...im using a 32gb Kingston micro data traveller usb
I've had the same thing but it's intermittent. Can I put the epg software on my HDD or does it have to be on a separate usb drive?

Finally bought one of these bad-boys and I think it is a great little box tbh.

Haven't used it on any firmware other than this recent one and to me it acts just like the BM7000s did, but with better epg.
Everything I love about my old BM7000s is in this one now. And it plays every video I have tried, whereas the BM7000s sometimes didn't.

It's also half the price of the old one so what's not to love?

Happy days!

@ jagsy - Make sure the channel file you are using is the New version. They pretty much say this is essential otherwise you will get undesirable results.

I've just got a simple (but good quality) USB stick in mine, and I press EPG then press red button to load it and bobs yer uncle, works perfectly.

Don't have any black screening as mentioned before so it must be fixed fine.

Top box for the money I say. :)

Back