Blue HD 2 Beta

dsayers... that screen was one of the first screens a reskinned. I initially just tidied up the original blue HD screen, but after spending time on the other screens, it seemed very impractically to create a different layout for every page. (EPG search, EPG selection etc.) I needed a standard template that would work well on multiple screens. I now only have 3 main templates (2 for layouts and 1 for menus) which means everything looks clean and is very consistent. I also thought it very unnecessary to cram all this information on one page. The now description was too small, the mini tv was too small, the later information was unnecessary. I did google a lot of other skins and looked at what other people were doing on the channel select. I decided to go with a more simpler approach, especially as all the now/next/later information can easily got from the EPG screens. There are still a few amends I need to do on this page. I need to put the time back in for the next program, I also need to add the now descriptions back in on the EPG search, single epg selection and multi epg selection. I originally started out thinking I will just tidy up the original blue HD skin, but at the end of the day, this is now a brand new skin. Out with the old, in with the new.

Hoofhearted... the extend number zap is primarily installed to slow the zapping down as there is an option in its settings to do this. You can't slow the number zap down without this plugin. I do not use this plugin, but maybe there is an option to use the speed options but not show the graphical bits of extnumber zap. As for the Timeshift. There are only 2 data options you can bring in. These are the 2 values that show under the icon. In theory you can work out where you are as I think the top value is how long the timeshift is. The second value tells you were you are in this timeshift. *edit, with out experimenting on my box there may be other values you can bring in. I can't work out which python component is being used here. There maybe other values like Length/Position/Remaining/EndTime. I currently have Length/Position showing. This is in my general.xml file name="TimeshiftState" if anyone wants to faff. If you faff and go in a bootloop, just re-edit back to the orginal and it will come out the boot loop.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, to be fair I don't have an issue with channelzap, the wife does lol

As for the live pause, took me a few minutes to work out what was going on but if it can't be changed then so be it. It's no a feature I regularly use anyway, just thought it was worth asking.

Anyway thanks again for the hard work youv put into this, very much appreciated.

EDIT** Just found something interesting, might be of use, might not...

In the /usr/share/enigma2 folder where the skin folder lives, there is a file named setup.xml, line 55 contains the following code:

Code:
<item level="0" text="Show time elapsed as positive" description="This option allows you choose how to display elapsed time  as + or -">config.usage.elapsed_time_positive_osd</item>

Now i have absolutly no idea if this is related to skins/timeshift, just thought id share this find incase someone knows what it means and if it can be used.

Last edited:
Setup.xml is the default templates of all the pages and menus I,e what text and elements are displayed on each page. On the progress bar on the info page (info button) there is a remaining value at the end of the progress bar. This currently shows -50 etc. This is what that would change. There is an option in the menus to change whether elapsed/remaining are shown as positive or minus. We don't touch setup.xml as this is a system file.

Yeah I am aware of all the individual menus. These haven't been skinned yet. Are you using an early release. Have you updated the skin since 7pm last night.
Try a redownload and view that screen again. Should be defaulting back to default skin layout on that page, so buttons should appear, even though the styling isn't finished.

Hey Kiddac, So I didn't get too far with the xml editing to re-add the ECM info, just kept bootlooping so gave up :) but I did manage to edit out the picons from the infobars so some success in xml coding ;)

Another small item I noted, as well as the Record icon being on show in the Infobar as previously mentioned, I noticed that the tuner A & B letters are overlapping too when recording, not a big issue just thought I'd mention it.

One quick question, how do you change the box's default skin? so if a screen isn't skinned in Blue2 it would default back to the original Blue Skin rather than the black box default? cheers as always

Mines the same as Thomas also there's someone claiming to be you on Facebook if it is sorry
12047199_905680919496926_6840579199450613576_n.jpg

12140827_905680949496923_4643818263785233974_n.jpg

12106771_10205943017349468_3385013225064925850_n.jpg

Last edited:
dsayer i have no idea what you are talking about regarding facebook, and why are you showing me pictures of blue HD skin, I am confused.

---------- Post Merged at 05:43 PM ----------

boobishabang, I haven't got time to answer questions regarding editting my skin. It isn't even finished. By all means experiment, but you will probably be overwriting all your efforts very soon anyway.

---------- Post Merged at 06:04 PM ----------

ohhh, its got my logo on... I see. PM me a link a will have a nosey

im sure its just me, but the skin on an atv build seems to populate the TV guide more fuller than a vix build - or is it just me ?

openatv builds tend to use xmltvimporter with rytec.
openvix tend to use crossepg.

---------- Post Merged at 10:05 PM ----------

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just lost 4 hours worth of work. Well peed off.

I was working on files directly on my box, decided to do a software update and it just bricked my box. The only time I haven't got an offline copy and the first time I bricked my box in a month. :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

I was basically skinning all the menu info screens to look like this.

about.jpg

Oh well, lesson learnt

Last edited:
Look absolutly awesome, can't wait for the final release so I can lose the "Beta Release For Testing Only" in the bottom right hand corner of screen. Well impressed and a massive improvement over the Blue HD original skin. Thanks for all the hard work.

It's not hard m8 try looking in background folder then just delete it from ftp.

Once again... this skin isn't ready for use. People shouldn't really be using it as their main skin yet. There is far too much still broken. It was for testing purposes only and to find bugs. People posting questions on here not related to the testing are just adding bulk to this thread and not being helpful at all.
Thankfully lots of people have made an effort to do some testing for me on various different images and boxes, which is what the beta release was for. Just be patient it will be finished soon.

Last edited:
Fantastic work kiddac

This Beta release is really good. Very impressed with the InfobarEPG, much more responsive and quicker than any other skin I've used.

The SNR bar I'm not sure if it needs to take up so much of the Infobar, compacting it might make a designated space for the record icon for when a program is recording.

For what it's worth I've kept and carried on using the picons I was using for Mertix HD and it looks fine on either skin (dirtysnp.100x60.white-black) plus there's only a few that are empty. Would like to know what other testers are using.

Overall looks amazing, very professional, a couple of times I've thought it's "the proper one"! lol

I know it isn't finished and I've really got no complaints so far. You'll get the odd moaner kiddac, but then again some moaners don't even vote!

Hi,
I'm running VIX4E and there is an issue where you are in EPG and when you press TV to get the bouquets up, they don't appear although it looks like its behind the EPG somehow as you can see a line appear below the channel rows.

I have found the problem with this and corrected it in my offline file, I originally deleted a lot of code that I thought was surplus as I couldn't work out what it was doing. Now I know what is was for.. Thanks for spotting this.

epg-bouquet.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 PM ----------

I seem to be having a problem with the recording icon in the infobar epg.

I have also now corrected this in my offline version.

Last edited:
Another small item I noted, as well as the Record icon being on show in the Infobar as previously mentioned, I noticed that the tuner A & B letters are overlapping too when recording, not a big issue just thought I'd mention it.

I will be changing this tuner text to icons if I can, as I was unaware the conditional show/hide kicks in when something is being recorded on tuner b. good spot.

Back