BM5000s - Black screen - Freeze

Hi

my server is fine. Sometimes a channel will just go black though and stay off (scrambled) until i change channel.
Eg slysports1 will go black. Unless i toggle the channel forward and then back to ss1 it wont come back.

Doesnt happen often but annoying when it does! Especially when footballs on etc

anyone else experience similar?

I've had it and I also get quite a lot of glitches including FTA so it's not my line. Hopefully the new firmware will sort it when released

I get the black screen and I've read quite a few with the same problem it's an issue with the firmware I believe and a new firmware is in the final stages of testing before it's released so hope it get's fixed.

For me it always happens on the BBC News channel and sometimes Sky News and other free channels on occasions

I get the black screen and I've read quite a few with the same problem it's an issue with the firmware I believe and a new firmware is in the final stages of testing before it's released so hope it get's fixed.

For me it always happens on the BBC News channel and sometimes Sky News and other free channels on occasions

i emailed blade. Adamant it wasnt a firmware issue but it has to be

they'll probably say it to fob us off how can so many have the same problem it's not a line issue as my other box (not blade) works fine on the same line.

Im sure it will be fixed in the next firmware release well hears hoping

they'll probably say it to fob us off how can so many have the same problem it's not a line issue as my other box (not blade) works fine on the same line.

Im sure it will be fixed in the next firmware release well hears hoping

Yh deffo not a line issue - although I thought it may just be my box, and re-installing firmware on it may make it work but that seems pointless trying.

What firmware are you using ?

9991 is stable, some people have reported these type of problems with
the 7 Epg firmware

Have a read here

I can confirm that the bm5000s that i bought and gave to my dad does this now and again. Its on the 9991 firmware. I've witnessed it completely reboot itself on two occasions. Other times you need to change the channel.

Sometimes the sound on mine goes out of sync by about 5-10seconds!!! Until u change channel back and forth then it is fine

Didn't realise these problems occurred with this firmware.

I have had two problems in approx 4 months.

No signal message on a FTA channel quite a while back now and an out of sync audio on an $ channel
about two weeks ago, turned box off by the rocker switch at the
back and all was well again. This was on the 7 Day EPG firmware.

As mentioned, they are aware of issues and are due to release
some new firmware and also make changes to their channel editing tool.

Ive found a number of people saying it's because of the EPG update if you go back to the old firmware without the epg it works fine, so It may be a EPG issue. Anyway I'll bare with it for the time being until the new firmware is out

I was watching the other night and also had the sound out of sync with the picture during the football. it was a good 20-30 seconds out until i switched the channel over and back. Also had another system reboot. This is using the now and next setup. Seems like there are a few basic problems to be resolved.

I was watching the other night and also had the sound out of sync with the picture during the football. it was a good 20-30 seconds out until i switched the channel over and back. Also had another system reboot. This is using the now and next setup. Seems like there are a few basic problems to be resolved.

It is the epg firmware which causes the box to reboot. I also was having the same issues then I reverted back to the 9991 without epg and since then it is working great!

Back