bm5000s channel editor

mine took a min or so to run, i clicked it a few too many times in the end quite a few setup boxes appeared lol

first time ive ever tried to make a channel list, do I have to manually input it in there or just edit the blade online list and is it possible to download the blade online channel list i can't find it on their website???

how do you which channels need updating in the editor?

and how do you move around the favs group list in a particular order?

i sent an email to blade and this is what the said

Dear Sir, thank you.

We passed your information to our engineers. They are updating the application to fix this.

Our engineer said the following:-

"when the SSU shown wrong numbers, it's damaged"

They said that ssu file was corrupt, so that any time damaged ssu file was edited or saved, the numbers would always show. How did you start the file? Was it a new satellite scan?

For your information we are working on new firmware that adds lots of improvements, and the structure of the ssu database will change, but we are updating Editor Tool so that it can load old and new type of SSU.

Kind regards,

Blade Media.

Thanks for the update,

maybe it's worth hanging back until the new updates are out.

You may end up going round in circles.

The ssu you have, was downloaded from blade media online, then transferred from
the box to a stick, then emailed.

If you want one from a sat scan let me know and I will send you one across

Hi mate,

Sent you a channel list from a blind scan on 28.2E.

All the firmware was reloaded to the 7 day EPG version
and there was no other lists on the box.

Doesn't look like there are any fav categories on it.

ok small update from blade email says

Dear Sir,

Further to our previous email, our engineers say they found a bug and hope to have fixed.

Please can you download new version from this link and try it and let us know?

i have attached 1.5 but it is still full of bugs

Attachments

• DBEditor_SETUP(1.5).rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
tried the 1.5 but wont open up just comes back with error message about data files not initialising or something.
seems to be a work in progress by blade..!!

yes its full of bugs got it to work by installing it on my d: drive (partition)
tried the same idea inbed79 and it worked no problem.just need a channel list now to play with ..!!
I don't own the 5000s ive just installed them for a couple of mates.but I do use the 7000s.

Last edited:
I got my image of my blade box, but as inbed said favourites dont seem to be working on it.

used bees channel list to have a play with and have a little bit of success.created a couple of favs and renamed them.but when I saved the changes it didn't save the renaming.but what I had created was still there. I loaded back the ssu file I had saved and when I clicked on edit fave list and clicked fav1 all what I had done was their..so it seems to work.

Back