bm5000s crash in epg

Jagsy

TK Veteran
hi, ive loaded the new firmware with the epg 7 day and I have noticed that when I click epg on the remote and then click the blue button ( switch ) go through genres like movies, sports etc... when it gets to popular and I click on the right arrow on the remote to go to the next genre the box will crash and reboot itself.... is this a problem other people are having and is there any fix for it

ok update on the crash problem..... well like I say it will crash with the 7 day epg firmware on it with the usb sick in it...if I take the usb out it will stop crashing but of course I don't get 7 day epg.... so is it a firmware problem or does this box not like certain usb sticks.. the usb stick im using is a 32gb Kingston micro data traveller

It's the firmware and hopefully we will get a fix at some time. Sometimes mine is fine and others it crashes regularly so not sure if there is anything that triggers it but I do think it seems to be more prevalent if I try and scroll quickly through the channel categories and get ahead of the box. If I do it slowly and make sure it has caught up it seems to be better

Back