BM5000S EPG And Program Information Help

john555

Lately, when I go to download the latest EPG, the box will either freeze and I have to turn it off and on at the wall, or it will reboot, but would of not updated. And also, since I've had this box, whether I have the latest EPG downloaded or not, I get no programming information on quite a large number of channels. It will say N/A on now and next and other programs that are on throughout the day. It effects about half of the Sky channels (Sky 1, Comedy Central, etc), Sky Sports seems fine but Sky Movies all have N/A so I can't see what's on. I'm a real noob when it comes to stuff like this, so please try to explain everything as clear as you can. Thanks.

There's already an EPG thread for this box in this forum below you could have asked in there.

EPG doesn't download sometimes which could mean the blade guys are doing work on it but keep trying everyday, but EPG has been working this week for me so try now. Once downloaded press EPG on remote and choose a channel you can see whats coming on for the next week on that channel.

For me EPG download only works if I have GMT switched to ON in the Time settings otherwise it won't download, but for most people this isn't the case.

what you mean it goes blank? EPG is saved to your Hard drive make sure that's working ok and not every channel will egt an epg

I have got usb in back of the box, press epg and then downlaod, it downloads what it needs then reboots itself, when it comes back on you can only see like 2 channels with what programme is on and the rest are blank

if it reboots itself then it hasn't downloaded. When it has dowloaded itself it won't reboot but instead will say saved download or something on screen like that.

Keep trying it, or try switching GMT to ON then try works for me but others have said that's not a problem for them

If it reboots then it's not downloaded like I said before.

You'll know when it's downloaded because it won't reboot and won't freeze during download. The Blade guys maybe doing some work on it but couple of days a go it was working when I tried.

Try formating your Hard drive and try downloading again

If it reboots then it's not downloaded like I said before.

You'll know when it's downloaded because it won't reboot and won't freeze during download. The Blade guys maybe doing some work on it but couple of days a go it was working when I tried.

Try formating your Hard drive and try downloading again

Formatting hard drive? I have a usb stick in the back

USB hard drive??? if not then ignore that,

how long have you had the box and have you ever got it to download the epg without it rebooting?

you'll have to live it with happens to many of us, some people have said they maybe doing work on it when it doesn't work, someone said it's got to do with your dish, but for me when it's workign for everyone else it's working for me just that I have to make sure my GMT is ON.

emailed Blade many times asking them but they never did tell me

I managed to get the EPG downloaded, however I still have no program information for a lot of channels, including all Sky Movie channels. I don't understand why I can't even see the now and next.

I managed to get the EPG downloaded, however I still have no program information for a lot of channels, including all Sky Movie channels. I don't understand why I can't even see the now and next.

Yep. I'm in the same boat. I can get the EPG just fine, but "Info", and "Now&Next" are blank for some reason. Anyone found a fix yet?

Thanks

there is a new official firmware out on the blade website, the patched version not out yet tho, maybe when thats out it will fix this.

there is a new official firmware out on the blade website, the patched version not out yet tho, maybe when thats out it will fix this.

Make sure you are using Sept 2014 or newer firmware, as has been said before several times on various forums, the epg format from the satellite changed last year a bit (as I understand) so a new firmware was made to be compatible.

And use any of the official blade online channel lists, like UK-01-09-15-SCOT etc etc

before sept firmware on bm5000 it would load the epg sometimes but other times it would reboot during it.

that was what the spetember firmware was to fix.

with using firmware after sept 2015 AND using official blade online channel lists it works 100%

;)

Back