BM7000s-05-10-11-7ex BM7000s patched version with 9991 option

bobby123

TECHKINGS RESIDENT
IMPORTANT UPDATE - BM7000s - October 5th

All users are recommended to upgrade.

THIS HAS THE 9991 OPTION.

1.Fixed rare standby problem - Sometimes receiver does not exit standby correctly.

2.Better compatibility with USB devices - More hard drives are now ready to work with the receiver.

3.You Tube more stable.

4.Streaming video stability improved.

5.Blade Online updated.

6. Other minor problems have been fixed.​

BM7000s-05-10-11-7ex.stb with 9991 option. - Downloads - TechKings

Last edited by a moderator:
can some one try this and let me no if it works the guy i got it of says it works ok thanks

Yes, this definitely works. I really like the fact that the 7 day epg now saves to the HDD and loads up from standby. The extra online features are a nice addition too. Cheers

it does work but takes an age to connect to the router to connect to cslines/blade online ect once you have turned the box off and back on again.also had it crash on me a few times but it will be great once out of beta mode untill then i have gone back to 122p stable firmware and everything works fine again.

what do you mean the 9991 option went off?
if you press 9991 on remote does it not bring up the server list screen?

im not going to load the beta version, i'll hang on till the full version is out, hopefully soon :-)
but thanks for all the info all you guys have provided so far.

i could not enter the 9991 option after 5 mins so i went back to the stable version 25 4 11 thanks
goto menu ip settings then press red button to scan it then finds an ip from your router i had the same problem 122p use to find an ip automatic but this does not at the moment maybe a fix will come out. and make sure you use the DX version of firmware(9991 option) and not D version (no 9991 option)

so its working perfect for some and its been crashing for others....wonder is its the setup/install or the actual firmware itself

Hello its me again, youtube etc. working great stuff! Can someone help me with what we cant discuss on here please, thank you.

Rockford request a PM here and someone will help you

and all members Please try and post in correct threads/forum,

Last edited:
I did say i wasnt gonna load this, BUT I couldnt resist the temptations lol

anyways...i've loaded this new firmware and its been working PERFECT. It has not crashed on me yet, youtube works great, my cs lines connect almost instantly after powering on/of the box by the black switch at the back, the epg also works,. im getting the correct IP as i was before. I'm using a BELKIN ADSL+2 Router.

they've added Youtube, Weather, Maps, Internet Radio & 5 Adult TV Streams....all works fine as i tried them lol

so..those of u that are saying its taking ages for the cs line to connect after a reboot, maybe its a Router issue, like in the past firmwares?
i been using it for over 4 hours now and so far i cant fault it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Added: 16:49

My friend also loaded the new firmware this morning, and all working fine for him, no problems at all, and he is using a Router that was supplied by TalkTalk.

Added: 22:25

Another of my friend loaded this firmware, and the encrypted channels didnt work, only the fta channels worked, so he loaded the previous firmware. He has a NETGEAR Router.

Added: 15/09/11 @ 16:46

Just come across a 1st fault with this beta firmware.
STANDBY doesnt always work. When I press Red button on remote to place box on standby, and the next time u want to switch on again by pressing the red button on remote, well it doesnt work, its happend twice in last 2 hours, so u then have to power off/on by switch at the back.

so for that reason i have reloaded the previous version of 25/04/11.

once they have fixed the minor bugs and it supports all makes of routers then im sure this will be a great firmware.

Last edited:
i have a netgear and it doen't work for me i have tried the ip scan aswell it picks the network up but doesn't connec still, even tried putting the newcamd sub line in again still doesn't connect.

All those people with a NETGEAR ROUTER and having trouble getting the new Blade firmware to work follow the steps below:

Firstly I have tried downloading the firmware straight to my box, but all the channels appear with scrambled message even though it’s picked up my IP etc and the NEWCAMD is showing connected but it’s not highlighted in green.
Someone mentioned I should do a factory reset which I did. Please note if you are going to do this make a note of your CLINE or NEWCAMD as once you do a factory reset all your info on the box is lost.

So I did a factory reset by switching off the box at the back then I held down the menu button on the front of the box, then I switched the box back on whilst still holding down the menu button. Then you will see something appear, press option 4 on your remote this is factory reset and it shouldn’t even take a second to restore.

Ok once that’s done you’ll need to put in your USB with the new firmware at the back of the box and go to utilities and download the firmware as you would have before.

Once that’s done you’ll see a message NO CHANNELS when you try watch something, so you need to access the 9991 menu and input all your CLINE or NEWCAMD info in and connect like you have done previously.
You then need to go to the menu and go to IP settings and press red on your remote, it may take a few seconds for it to pick up your IP. Once it has you can leave IP settings and go to Blade online and download the channels.
Once that’s done and make sure your IP is picked up you should be able to view all the channels.
Well this is how it worked for me anyway, hope this helps.

I tried all the new features and they work.

Downside to this firmware every time I switch the box off n back on again I have to go to the IP settings menu and press red on remote as it doesn’t pick up my router IP automatically as it did with the old firmware, I think this is just a NETGEAR problem but not sure but it would annoy me to have to do this everymorning after having the box on standby overnight, so I’ve gone back to using the old firmware until this problems fixed.

I hope this is helpful!!

Last edited:
epg to hard drive not working ,worked first time , brand new hdd and tested, any body know when full software will be avialable ?

Back