bm7000s review, got it today

ehabaziz

hi guys, I am new to the forum
I got mine today
easy setup
plugs in , switch on, upload firmware and channel list and I am already set , less than 5 minutes and all done through USB

took longer time to move between different sats as I got motorised system
watched SKYHD2 later on the day Barcelona vs Real , picutre quality amazing

things that I think is buggin me
channel lists and grouping but I think I will do that on the computer anyway with the software on the download section here
EPG is not great as I am using 3rd party firmware and not available on that yet
video streaming from computer to box is not available again on the firmware 119b

bottom line , I think the abilities of the box are great , as you can watch 3D channels on your normal HDTV with that ' will try later and feed back to you guys ', picture quality you can't fault it
you can play your file from USB drive , supports MKV, no need for Media player
you can stream directly from your PC to the box with through router
so hardware can do a lot of things with quality, just a bit of more support or a new firmware and I think for the price it is a great buy
hope you find that helpful

Great review, I am holding back for now until I test it further but so far a fantastic receiver.

As you said the hardware is there and very capable, further firmware improvements will make this box hard to beat for the money.

Kryptview and SV user's it's time to throw them in the bin and move to something like this imo, I wish I had done it sooner!.

I think it is worth the money

I had for couple of weeks now
lets put this way

I don't need a media player anymore
I am able to watch HD in a real superior quality
I am not a techno geek and I am able to handle it no probs
I am a happy customer:cheesy grin:

drawbacks
blind scan takes ages ----- can overcome it by having a ready list that you upload in seconds
sorting out groups and favs takes time-----same solution as above
streaming from my computer to the receiver ---- could add subtitles facilities to it otherwise perfect effortless

Back