BM7000s won't record or playback previous recordings

gayshoes

Hi i'm having a problem with my 1tb hard drive recording, it was recording and playing files fine but suddenly stopped. now when i press record it says prepare for record but nothing happens and if i try to playback a previous recording it just shows a blank screen. does anyone know what might be causing this issue.

any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried pluggigng you HDD drive into a pc to see if it recognises it? Might have developed an error.If you could stand to lose whatever you've previousley recorded, might be worth formating it and starting again.

yeah i have copied everything over to my laptop and then i formatted it again and it worked again, I then copied my previous recordings back onto the drive and it played the recordings and would record to begin with but now it has stopped working again.

Sounds like something in your recordings is causing the HDD to crash. Try using it for a while without the previous recordings on the drive and see if the problem persists. If it runs ok, add the recordings one by one and see which one is the culprit.

No probs fella, would be helpfull if you uploaded a picture of the "gayshoes". Would be able to se what we're dealing with. :p

Would make a great profile picture!

No probs fella, would be helpfull if you uploaded a picture of the "gayshoes". Would be able to se what we're dealing with. :p

Would make a great profile picture!

Unfortunately the "gayshoes" belonged to a mate and were destroyed many years ago so a photo of them wont be possible

---------- Post Merged at 12:34 AM ----------

I've reformatted my hard drive and put the recordings back onto it and they all played as normal and I could record again but I have now noticed that it seems to stop working properly when I update the epg.

when ever i do this i cannot record or playback unless i switch off the box, sometimes this works and when i turn the box back on I can record as normal. but most times when i turn it off the hard drive will save the data and then you hear it click off but the box then seems to crash and wont go into standby, the red light doesn't come on and the only way to turn it back on is to switch it off at the back.

once the box is switched on you it says pvr ready and it will record or playback but only until it has finished loading the epg, after this the original problem occurs.

any ideas why this is happening?

the problem is definitely happening when I update the epg I've been recording fine until I accidentally updated the epg and then it suddenly stopped record and playing back recordings. I had to put the drive on my computer and delete the epg.dat file for it to record again.

Does anyone know what the reason for this could be?

I'd try a different HDD if I were you. Sounds like the Blade can't get on with your current volume. Give a different one a go for a while and see if the problem persists.

I'd try a different HDD if I were you. Sounds like the Blade can't get on with your current volume. Give a different one a go for a while and see if the problem persists.

I've tried 3 different HDD with my Blade and the problem has remained the same on all of them, it records fine until I update the epg and then it won't record or playback. I've now noticed that if I do download the epg the guide works fine for about 24 hours but then it starts to forget the rest of the week until it just displays now and next again, once it has done this recording works as normal.

Not sure what is causing this issue it's quite a strange one.

Not sure if this will help but there have been some strange disk problems with technomate 5402's not being able to see drives.Cure was to format with an XP pc(edit:not a good idea as has 32GB limit,I believe).Know it's not your problem but it might be related.Cheers

Last edited:
I never got to the bottom of this and it still happens, whenever I download the epg I cannot record or playback previous recordings. I don't think the epg stores properly either as it seems to slowly forget what it has previously downloaded. when it has forgotten all of the epg then recording works as normal.

Try getting rid of any gremlins with the following method of resetting:
1) Back up Channel List and long/lat settings for usals(if you have a motor).
2) Factory reset stb
3) Power off at back of stb for 40 secs
4) Load latest patch
5) Factory Reset
6) Switch off stb at back for 40 secs.
7) Reload backed up Channel List and long/lat settings.
8) Biss,cs and softcam should remain.
Also,how are you formatting the disks(what level of Windows) and what filesystem type are you using?
Good luck.Cheers

Last edited:
Try getting rid of any gremlins with the following method of resetting:
1) Back up Channel List and long/lat settings for usals(if you have a motor).
2) Factory reset stb
3) Power off at back of stb for 40 secs
4) Load latest patch
5) Factory Reset
6) Switch off stb at back for 40 secs.
7) Reload backed up Channel List and long/lat settings.
8) Biss,cs and softcam should remain.
Also,how are you formatting the disks(what level of Windows) and what filesystem type are you using?
Good luck.Cheers

I have tried this but unfortunatly had no success, I've tried formating using windows 7, the fat32format application and via the blade itself and all results have been the same.

have you tried reinstalling the firmware

I have tried this several times with the most recent firmware, but had no luck.

You might have to start off with an empty disk and work like that for a while recording,playing and updating the epg. This sounds like a software bug to me but others would be experiencing the same.

Back